• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brand new JE forged prisons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Gibbard

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I have just measured the pistons and they are 85mm so that’s 1500cc
What I have is a full set of JE barrels pistons rings pins the full set brand new never been unopened I’ll take one out to take photos was bought for a project buy a good friend. He isn’t around so pictures the mane part of the description.I’ll help has much as I can. I’ve joined this forum to sell these items. There is other parts including a engine I’ve been a member on plenty forums and it’s only fair to pay your dues so if I sell anything I’m going to make a site donation. I’m going to offer the parts on the forum because I’d rather sell to the lads who would appreciate them the most,
I don’t know the site rules on tel numbers or email address's so I’m not unless it’s ok with the site cheers Paul.

Last edited:
Hi I will do my best to answer any questions but I’ll be honest I’m relying on the internet. So I’d hate to get anything I’m asked wrong and pass on wrong information. The truth is I’m hoping you lads can help me out I be owned a few VMAX’s. I think I bought the fist one that came in the country. And after coming on this site I think its time for another.
It will have be a original 1200 hut the later one with brakes I can’t wait And thanks for any help with my ad I’m trying to help a good friend out with Christmas coming cheers guys. Thanks again Paul

Hi guys I have some help from a forum member and and the pistons conversion is
1468cc Thanks to one2dmax your a star
Hope this helps cheers Paul.

Yeah only put them up for sale a few days ago and have been trying you get has much info on them as possible
The reason There no price. is I’m still waiting for orient express to get back to me hope this helps. Paul

Based on the pictures and information on them, I need to correct that these are 85mm or 1500cc engine parts. I may be interested if Eric doesn't take them (depending on the price of course).

Very much appreciated. It seems they where around 1200 to 1300 dollars not 1600 has I said in the last post.
I just got answer from orient express. Thanks Paul.

Based on the pictures and information on them, I need to correct that these are 85mm or 1500cc engine parts. I may be interested if Eric doesn't take them (depending on the price of course).
Sean, I was just curious about them for a friend of mine. I am out of the running if you want them.

I can sell you new sets for $300 for the sleeves and $750 for the pistons/rings and clips.

Sorry it’s 3 in the morning here so I’m reading your text but not sure what your saying. Are you saying. You can sell me a set . Or the value is 1050 dollars. There worth what ever there worth. If you sell them. I understand you wouldn’t want to buy them. Or is there a offer. Like I said it’s very late I am open to offers , they are for sale. Talk tomorrow PAUL

I sell that same basic setup for $1050. So your initial price estimate wasn't terribly accurate. I'd possibly be interested but obviously not at that price I sell them for.
Email me at [email protected]

No problem, thanks. Ive emails a lot of people about theses and I was working off all the combined information site prices . Emails from orient express. I sell parts and build race bikes for a living so I do understand what your saying. And I’d love you to make a offer. On a different note. I’ve been running through ads today looking for a VMAX there’s few that I like even though the mileage seems to be to good to be true under 4000 for a mid 80s bike seems to good to be true. But saying that I’ve at least 9 bikes from the 70s that have done less than a thousand miles and some that haven’t been used at all so I shouldn’t judge. Thanks for all your help And please make that offer look forward to earning from you , cheers pau

Brother Paul; Where are you located? Shipping to US could play a part. Piston weight listed is without pin? Thanks

I’ve measured the pistons properly 85mm so that’s 1500cc cheers and thanks for the help of the site thanks lads appreciated that’s PAUL

With the current world situation, I wonder if people are spending on our toys. $500 USD would probably get them sold.

Back