Bright lights flashing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaxmax

Reaction score
So i purchased aftermarket blinkers and plugged all 4 into the connectors and now when i hit the bright light switch it blinks. Only with the bright lights on though.
I thought i may leave it that way as it does get cars completely out of the way and i'm sure illegal.
I am changing them today with a different set but from the same seller. It is the ones below that cause the blinking bright light. I will be selling these if anyone else wants this same problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371219729357?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Would someone with more electrical knowledge please explain to me how it is even possible for changing out Vmax turn signals to cause the headlight to flash while on high beam? I can understand different load bulbs causing the turn signal flash to change speed, but the headlight flashing??

So you saying, after you made the change, now the headlight blinks but only on high beam?
If I'm correct from your 1st description, it sounds like you wired something wrong. The current going to the main bulb and the secondary connection for the high beam is a constant 12 volts..
I don't believe it runs through the flashing circuit. It is a fused circuit though.

Probably have the ground wires and power wires mixed up. Many of these china manufacturers wire the colors like they would a house (which has the black as the "hot").

Sean

Check your main ground and add one from battery to frame. make sure your R/R is grounded Very Good!...

The grounds go together in a double boot and the hots go separate - right to green and left to brown- The amber bulbs in the chrome ones are not compatible and hell to change if you try.:damn angry:

I'm saying the wires on the signals themselves may be backwards.

So you saying, after you made the change, now the headlight blinks but only on high beam?
If I'm correct from your 1st description, it sounds like you wired something wrong. The current going to the main bulb and the secondary connection for the high beam is a constant 12 volts..
I don't believe it runs through the flashing circuit. It is a fused circuit though.
I only plugged the blinkers in where they were supposed to go. Two wires each just like the wiring diagram shows.

Probably have the ground wires and power wires mixed up. Many of these china manufacturers wire the colors like they would a house (which has the black as the "hot").

Sean
Power wires have the white stripe and grounds are solid black and go into a double casing-

I'm saying the wires on the signals themselves may be backwards.
Shawn, do you know what a beach angel genius is? Dannymax is one and now you are.
Correct my man-wired backwards-- The ones with the white stripes work in the ground and the solid black ones work in the brown and green wires. Completely opposite from the black set they sent me.-- Damn i luv you guyz!!!:clapping:

Back