California Pay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
i need your help on this subject if anyone can answer

I work for a !DIRTY! company that does various contracting work throughout the united states, some of canada, and some of mexico. We do about everything.

I live in Illinois. Ive been out here in california working for well over a month now. From what ive heard anytime you work over 8 hours a day in california, its time and a half and anything over 12 hours is doubletime.

I work 75 hours plus a week. I put in 15 hour days almost every day.

They are paying the same as if i were working in illinois. anything over 40 a week is time and a half.

If i were being paid like people living in california i would be making double, or possibly triple the money im making.

Im only 22 years old but for the responsibility given to me and the work i do i should be making a lot more than i am. I make 10.50 an hour and ive been here for 2 years. My income for the work i do is laughable.

Does anyone know the legality of me working in california but not being paid right?

I work for a !DIRTY! company that does various contracting work throughout the united states, some of canada, and some of mexico. We do about everything.

I live in Illinois. Ive been out here in california working for well over a month now. From what ive heard anytime you work over 8 hours a day in california, its time and a half and anything over 12 hours is doubletime.

They are paying the same as if i were working in illinois. anything over 40 a week is time and a half.

If i were being paid like people living in california i would be making double, or possibly triple the money im making.

Im only 22 years old but for the responsibility given to me and the work i do i should be making a lot more than i am. I make 10.50 an hour and ive been here for 2 years. My income for the work i do is laughable.

Does anyone know the legality of me working in california but not being paid right?

Clint,I looked at jobs while over there where you are.They paid almost double there.Then look at the housing.A normal house there is 400,000-500,000.You can buy a mansion here for that.
I recommend going home and trying to go to a trade school.Sounds like your boss should be giving you a reach around every payday!

I don't think this would apply in your case. Your contract and main place of work is Illinois. Since conditions of your work involve travel and work in other States, then I believe they only have to meet the work conditions of Illinois.

I don't think this would apply in your case. Your contract and main place of work is Illinois. Since conditions of your work involve travel and work in other States, then I believe they only have to meet the work conditions of Illinois.

The above statement is correct, California law applies to California residents and employees of California companies. Sorry dude :confused2:

Thanks for the replies,

What burns me is that we have an office in Chino California and there are probably 100 full time employees out here that could do this but they send me so they dont have to dish out more money. I make this company insane amounts of money. I do on average 3 stores a day, 2500$ a pop. The contract is with Target Corporate, its nationwide theres about 10 trucks out all over the country doing this shit.

This company is verrrry dirty, i mean very, they put you in situations to where you have to break the law to work, it sucks

im done ranting, thank you

Thanks for the replies,

What burns me is that we have an office in Chino California and there are probably 100 full time employees out here that could do this but they send me so they dont have to dish out more money. I make this company insane amounts of money. I do on average 3 stores a day, 2500$ a pop. The contract is with Target Corporate, its nationwide theres about 10 trucks out all over the country doing this shit.

This company is verrrry dirty, i mean very, they put you in situations to where you have to break the law to work, it sucks

im done ranting, thank you

Use your blog, sounds like you have a legit beef. Also in some cases there are certain pay guidelines that have to be met. You would have to search the California bylaws. I know in Ontario (Canada), when bidding on Government contract work, you have to meet a certain pay requirement for your employees when they are doing that job.

From the brief job description you gave, it's obvious you're not flipping burgers and wearing a paper hat.

If you're only making 10.50 after 2 years, and exposing yourselt to potential litigation, it's time to update the ol' resume.

Back