Carb bucking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrider-8763

Reaction score
:rocket bike::hmmm:Hi everyone i am new around im from malta europe i have a small problem with my max he is bucking in the carbs can somebody help me thanks

Kevin

Re: Carbs

:rocket bike::hmmm:Hi everyone i am new around im from malta europe i have a small problem with my max he is bucking in the carbs can somebody help me thanks

Kevin

We sure can! give us a little more info if possible. Is the bike stock? If not, what's been done to it?

Oh and welcome!

Chris

Hi there chris the engine was never tampered with its still as it was manufactured i am having bucking only at low revs... :confused2::bang head:

Thanks mate Kevin

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/default.htm

Read the shotgun proceedure.

It's backfiring through the carbs. That's what your saying, right. Your bike is running lean at low rpm. The low (rmp) speed pilot circuit is getting plugged. I bet if you were to run a little choke it would help at low rpms. The shotgun - This little proceedure isn't too hard to do....just take your time and follow the steps. Before you get into that you may want to run some seafoam (carb cleaner) in the tank and shoot some down the carbs first and then give it good run to see if helps . They're just a little dirty. You have to keep these bikes clean ; clean fuel and air filters are a must !
Hope this helps - if it doesn't come back and we'll get one of the prof's on it !

Back