Carb Drain Screw

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decter

Reaction score
So, I made the mistake of leaving my bike sitting, sad I know but Uncle Sam called, for two months without putting any fuel stabilizer into the gas.

Came back two months later, and the bike will turn over but not start up. Made worse by the 30 degree weather outside, though it is moderately warmer, 50 or so, in the garage.

Already recharged the battery, now I am looking to drain the old gas from both the tank and the carbs.

Tank is already figured out, using the pump to drain it and want not.

Would anyone mind walking my through the process of draining the fuel from the carbs? Also, the drain screw is located at the 6 oclock position on each carb correct?

Thanks,
Nick

The drain screws are on the sides/base of each carb. It's a silver screw that releases the fuel to flow out the little drain lines. It will look like you can use a slotted or philips screw driver. It's at pretty much the lowest part of the carb body towards the center line of the bike since it opens up a passage from the bowl side.

Thanks for the input guys. Found it based on your directions, but didn't need to use it. Got the bike running, then added seafoam designed for gasoline with ethanol in it into the tank.

Nick

Back