Carb leak, need hole identified

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've got gas leaking out of the hole shown in the picture when the bike is running. It seems like a stuck float, but I thought the hose out the side was for that? Mark...?

Attachments

• carb leak.jpg
    carb leak.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 23
Buster, that's your main air jet...it feeds air to main fuel jet. It could be stuck float or your float level is too rich.

Buster, that's your main air jet...it feeds air to main fuel jet. It could be stuck float or your float level is too rich.

Thanks Mark, right after I posted it I went and beat on the float bowl like a mofo and the leak stopped! :eusa_dance: Put everything back together, started it up, twisted the throttle twice and the throttle suddenly went slack! :bang head: Took everything back off again :damn angry: and the bar that goes across to control the throttle plates had fallen off the post between carbs 3 and 4...:bang head: so does anyone know the size of that c clip??:doh:

Buster, did you find the plastic washer sitting underneath the clip? I'll measure it in the morning and get back to you.

Buster, did you find the plastic washer sitting underneath the clip? I'll measure it in the morning and get back to you.

No... there was a washer there too?!? :damn angry::bang head: Time to fab something up I guess.

I guess it's a metal washer and goes between carbs 1/2. The other side doesn't have a washer. The clip is 9 mm outer diameter and about 5 mm inner.

Back