Carb passageway labels?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPresident

Reaction score
Im going through and flushing all the holes and passageways with carb cleaner and some are clogged.

Is there a photo set with all the little straw size holes and what they are? I suspect a few arent supposed to connect anywhere and will always spray back at me but a few are concerning.

I found these two but they are still missing a bunch

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=38363

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5830

Thanks guys

EDIT: the only one blocked was the drain because the drain screw was still in. Oops. Problems solved. However two of the four pilot jets could not be removed.

PS I followed the carb cleaning instructions on the second link and the purple power left a a nice white coating on the only carb i used it on. Im assuming its surface corrosion. How do i fix that, and how did he not have a problem using that?!

Also Im cleaning the carbs because they get crap fueling past about 4K rpm. It idles great, and pulls awesome right then the midrange gets pretty sad and i havent taken it higher than about 7. When coming to a stop sometimes the idle also gets stuck at about 3000 for a bit or until i go into first and ride it out. I THINK my bowl drain is clogged but I cant find a photo with enough labels to be sure.

If your linkage isn't hanging-up, the high idle may be due to carb synchrnization, or rather, lack of correct C.S.

The bowl drains are connected to the hoses below the carb bodies, which stick thru the brackets.

If you're doing the carbs on the bike, you should remove them and break them down to really get them clean. There are passageways you don't want to use solvents in because of the rubber they connect to. Look for Damon's video on ebay for cleaning VMax carbs, I think he still sells it there. Or do a search on this website.

They are completely broken down. What is the black plastic 90 degree drain looking thing with a hose connection on it? I cant get any carb cleaner through that.

Also, for anybody reading: Somebody else had been in these carbs before and might not have put the PAJ's back in the correct spots. would switching the PAJ1 and 2 give be bad midrange? or would running the PAJ2 in the 1 spot murder my idle. I have them correct now but did not pay attention to if they were correct when I pulled them out yesterday. He could also have switched a the main jet too I guess. They all have the same threading

Courtesy of Mark

8b7166b92aecdd8f24ab9637b75b1117.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back