Carb rebuild and rejetting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdad1205

Reaction score
Ok getting ready to rebuild the carbs. My Right front shows no change when idle mixture is screwed all the way in. I just bought this bike last July so i have no idea on its history. I am a AUto mechanic by trade so the basic skills are there just need some help on the finer points.

It is a 96 max a california bike that somehow made it to ohio.

Stock engine with slip on kerker cans

Will be using yamaha parts except for dyno max stage one kit

Our elevation here is about 700ft

What would be my main jet size and is there any other adjustments i should make?

Thanks in advance

By the way anyone who makes it to big old Sandusky Ohio look me up
no one else that i know of has a max and beating up harleys (even with a stock max) is gettin boring.

Hi bigdad, I wouldn't use a stage 1 kit with stock motor and stock exhaust as it's a "rich" kit. At your altitude consider using either a 150 or 147.5 main jets.

Information on how to change the main jet or even do a complete rebuild are in the Carbs section of this forum. There is also a sticky post on how to set your dry float levels. Setting them to 1.125 inches will get you near the leanest setting which is where Max likes it. Other than that, adjust your mixture screws, sync the carbs and enjoy the bike!

ok is there somewhere were you can get just the jets? I thought you could only get as part of a kit

Hi bigdad, I wouldn't use a stage 1 kit with stock motor and stock exhaust as it's a "rich" kit. At your altitude consider using either a 150 or 147.5 main jets.

Information on how to change the main jet or even do a complete rebuild are in the Carbs section of this forum. There is also a sticky post on how to set your dry float levels. Setting them to 1.125 inches will get you near the leanest setting which is where Max likes it. Other than that, adjust your mixture screws, sync the carbs and enjoy the bike!

Hey Mark
You know my bike, Seans Muscle kit with Kerker 4-1, 1300 conversion. What would you think would be a good float setting for mine??? Maybe a tad bit richer??? Thanks bro
Sorry for the hijack
Cheers

Latest posts

Back