Carb ( sinking ) ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1RadV

Reaction score
Well after reading on how to carb sync I Relised one of my problems in life. Don't want to talk about the others just yet, my gauges don't have restrictors in the tubes to keep the mercury from bouncing like crazy now get a laugh on that. Duh. Can you imaging I've been having such fun trying to do it without them I won't know how to act when I do it right and my bike gets set like its susposta my buddy pulled up next to me on his pumped up harley and told me it sounded like I was running on one cylinder so I proceeded to crank the throttle leaving the light and thirty feet of rubber just to show him I don't need no stinking idle. I know I'm close but it sure would help to know where I can grab some of the restrictors for the tubes or a new gauge with them in the tubes and thanks once again to this site for all the posting help. George aka Mr. De d de

If you can't find what you're looking for just go to the hardware store and buy 4 fine thread brass screws that fit snug in the vacumn lines and cut the top off of each one. Push each one in 2 to 6 inches if you can and connect that end to carb. The vacumn will travel the threads and stop most of the "bounce" Hope that helps.

And I thought you were having a sinking feeling when in actuality you were having a "syncing" feeling. Damn spell checking.
Sounds like you have a handle on it now.

Thanks for the help Guys no Spell Chec Problem hear,%^$#()*%^! I was just trying to remember why things changed with the gauges and as I was finishing writing the above post I thought I had some of those fish tank valves guess ill go look for some mors

After reading this I checked mine and yup, no restrictors FML!!! Figured a $100 Morgan Carbtune came with necessary equipment, no wonder it takes me 30 minutes to try to do it. Guess a Home Depot run is in order to fix it. Thought mine was just running crappy unlike the youtube vids. Thanks for enlightening me!

You have to install them. The instructions explain how... Hopefully you received them and all the parts. Several of my riding group have purchased the Morgan setup and all necessary parts/instructions were included.

You have to install them. The instructions explain how... Hopefully you received them and all the parts. Several of my riding group have purchased the Morgan setup and all necessary parts/instructions were included.

Ok I'm a dumbass, got the parts but no instructions. Good thing they're online. I knew it shouldn't be so hard lol. Thanks again

Well I did the shot gun, used Gummout carb cleaner, very little only what was needed threw the jets with the brass caps just a little down the mains and a short shot in the other holes to make sure they were clear with 60 to 80 maybe psi. I think pumping 100 plus can damage stuff mainly floats and needles not saying it will here because others say they have with no problems and thank you every one for all the postings and help I did not wreck the enrichment diaphrams because I read here first. that was my main worry knowing they might get wiped out. I did not drown them, if your carbs are that bad take them off and do them right, don't forget that a lot of that carb cleaner can with dirt flush down the throat of the carbs into your manifolds that are short and right into to cyclnders, not good it drys them with the dirt in them, I could tell while starting mine. I found some fish tank valves used them but the new plastic style leaked slightly so I'm close now going to get some brass screws a long lasting more even, better Idea..

Well after reading on how to carb sync I Relised one of my problems in life. Don't want to talk about the others just yet, my gauges don't have restrictors in the tubes to keep the mercury from bouncing like crazy now get a laugh on that. Duh. Can you imaging I've been having such fun trying to do it without them I won't know how to act when I do it right and my bike gets set like its susposta my buddy pulled up next to me on his pumped up harley and told me it sounded like I was running on one cylinder so I proceeded to crank the throttle leaving the light and thirty feet of rubber just to show him I don't need no stinking idle. I know I'm close but it sure would help to know where I can grab some of the restrictors for the tubes or a new gauge with them in the tubes and thanks once again to this site for all the posting help. George aka Mr. De d de
I used fish tank air hose adjusters on mine. Works great cause you can hook them all to the same cylinder, get em all reading exactly the same by adjusting the airline screws, then you know your gauges are right on.

Back