Carb Springs/Air Correctors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
Sean's Kit comes with Shorter Springs.. Will I feel/hear a difference with this Mod?? Does this affect throttle response? Will the RPM's settle more quickly? And Air Correctors.. Anyone care to explain?? I'm already planning for next season!!:eusa_dance::punk:

-KarmaKatt-
VMOA 5652

air correctors are absolutely necessary. with his mod (or even with the Stage 7 kit), you will be introducing a ginormous volume of air of which, is it the MAJ or PAJ1, will not be able to handle. the springs, you can experiment with and decide whether or not you like them. they offer a quicker response. they are shorter, but offer more, is it kinetic, pull because of how they are wound, or are made--something like that

Sean's Kit comes with Shorter Springs.. Will I feel/hear a difference with this Mod?? Does this affect throttle response? Will the RPM's settle more quickly? And Air Correctors.. Anyone care to explain?? I'm already planning for next season!!:eusa_dance::punk:

-KarmaKatt-
VMOA 5652

Do you have a 'hanging idle'? If so carb mods will probly not affect it as this may be symptomatic of a different problem....vacuum leaks are quite often responsible for a hanging idle.

No Danny. I did and my Tech found a bent Needle. I was also told that this only happens due to human interference. No she acts fine, but I thought perhaps when the throttle is realeased the springs may drop the RPM's quicker?? I'm not hanging, just thinking of response.

No Danny. I did and my Tech found a bent Needle. I was also told that this only happens due to human interference. No she acts fine, but I thought perhaps when the throttle is realeased the springs may drop the RPM's quicker?? I'm not hanging, just thinking of response.

OK, gotcha. In that case, I don't think the slide springs will make any difference in the rate of rpm drop, believe that is more dependent on throttle plate closing and air shut off.

Latest posts

Back