Cleaning O2 sensors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Doesn anyone know if it's possible to clean an o2 sensor?

Its a Bosch LSU4 Wideband sensor but I believe it might could be cleaned like any regular narrowband automotive O2 sensor.

My Dynojet wideband commanders O2 sensor is becoming sluggish and slow to respond to A/F changes and I'm told that that is the sign of a fouled and possibly soon to be dead sensor. It had about 40,000 miles of supercharger duty on my wifes car before I put it on my bike.

The sensor is about a $100 and I would like to try to clean it rather than just going out and buying a new one.

I know on car forums they use Isopropyl alcohol or any residue free electronic component cleaner. I don't know if they are wide band O2 sensors, but I don't imagine it makes a difference.

Doesn anyone know if it's possible to clean an o2 sensor?

Its a Bosch LSU4 Wideband sensor but I believe it might could be cleaned like any regular narrowband automotive O2 sensor.

My Dynojet wideband commanders O2 sensor is becoming sluggish and slow to respond to A/F changes and I'm told that that is the sign of a fouled and possibly soon to be dead sensor. It had about 40,000 miles of supercharger duty on my wifes car before I put it on my bike.

The sensor is about a $100 and I would like to try to clean it rather than just going out and buying a new one.

Rusty,What are you doing with this on your max?

Rusty,What are you doing with this on your max?

Here's what it is

http://www.widebandcommander.com/

It originally came off my wifes car but now resides on my bike. It's main purpose is to drive a wideband air fuel guage but it also can datalog rpm, tps, boost/vacuum or any other 5 volt signal you can throw at it (for later playback on a laptop) and also has a programmable output that can be set to operate on any combination of input condiditons. The only thing I'm using besides the air fuel guage is the rpm to be used as an output to drive a "pre-lite" for my raptor so together they work as a two stage shift light.

It's an incredible tuning aid and takes all the guesswork out of trying to figure out what's going on when making jetting changes, And with the play back you can see exactly how the bike is acting at the strip.

Plus it's kinda cool to plug a laptop into my max at the strip and make everyone go WTF? :)

Back