clutch location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatatjoz

Reaction score
I need a new clutch (and a back tire too for some reason).
I had a vendor bookmarked at one time that was selling the friction disks, Barnett conversion, and clear cover as a kit. I've lost my bookmark....
any Idea of who it could have been?

Most are running the PCW clutch spring and extra disc conversion.Stock friction discs work the best.I recomend bead blasting the steel discs too while it is apart.The PCW spring is 60% stronger than stock.My clutch still looks like new after 2 years of abuse.Getting rid of the clutch boss in the back helps,it gets replaced with full size stuff instead of half size junk.

More information please.
I've found the PCW diaphram spring that's a heck of a lot cheaper than the
Barnett conversion. Fifty bucks, is that the right one?

also, a little more information on the extra friction disk would be nice.
Thanks

Could someone who has used them, tell me how much less / additional clutch lever effort is required with some of these 3rd party upgrades?

It is a little harder than stock but to me it is well worth it.I recomend talking with John At PCW.He can explain it very well.Basically you remove the half disc ,small spring and retaining wire from the back end of the clutch and replace them with full size discs.

Back