Clutch when shifting?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a newb I would use the clutch to shift at the track,, ya know WOT and fan the clutch.... until I watched this guy Tim on a Kawi ZX10 run with his wrist flopping up and down like a sick bird each time he made a shift.. :ummm: I was like WTF? and then learned no need for a clutch on a motorcycle after the launch..

11.2 Newb Shifting... I would say you would drop a .10 -.15 if you shifted clutchless.. so lets say 11.05

The biggest thing also is the RPMS arent jumping.... just think your at redline at WOT and you pull the clutch in.,..... wtf do you think your engine is doing with no load on it for that ...... say .010 jump maybe 200....300.....400 rpms so now when you think you are shiftng at 10K really your seeing 10.4 10.5... Ever watch newbs at the track bounce the rev limiter during shifts... well this is one of the reason engine is revving up over the red line during that clutch pull rather then throttle blipping it...
think i would let off the gas when i pulled clutch in every time....ya i was like lightning :biglaugh:

I love shifting without using the clutch it's so smooth, it's like having an semi auto and you get to scare the hell out of race bikes from the lights.
catch up if you can!!!

Back