Cycle Gear-BILT-brand bike cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a BILT large-size waterproof bike cover for my VMax, they are on-sale now for $50. I have a Dowco for my FZR1000 and the style and material look to be very smilar between them. Both are vented at the left-front by a triangle of flexible, stiff plastic covering an opening. Both have an elasticized hem. Both fit almost to the ground. The BILT has what appear to be aluminized panels in the area of the exhaust on both sides at the rear, which the Dowco didn't, not in the style I bought. They offer it in a more -$$ cover than what I bought. In any event, that one is more $ than the BILT. Both have soft interior lining where a windshield would be. There is a woven-nylon strap which goes thru an eyelet on one side & fastens w/a pair of d-rings.

I have a carport, so I need to cover my bike. The BILT is a quality product which for the sale-price is better than the alternatives out-there. I cruised CL looking for a cover, & found a guy selling one he had on a H-D. We met, it was a cheap nylon elasticized dust cover, no-frills, and he insisted the H-D shop charged him $120 for it. He wanted $50 & I told him I wasn't interested, not what I was looking-for, & a new one waterproof is $50 at Cycle Gear. So, I went & bought one. It is a good deal, and I recommend it if you need one. The large size fits a VMax w/the stock flyscreen & sissybar/luggage rack perfectly.
http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/deluxe_motorcycle_cover/web1007443
2_web1007443_NA_1.jpg

Back