DC biker rams PD cruiser, cop shoots him dead

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
A stupid, cop-baiting maneuver in traffic by a motorcyclist who was

drunk and stoned (according to lab results) resulted in an officer shooting him dead.

No charges in fatal Washington police shooting of black man

Ian Simpson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Washington police officer will face no charges for fatally shooting an unarmed black motorcyclist who rammed his cruiser after a high-speed chase, U.S. prosecutors said on Wednesday. The September 2016 shooting death of Terrence Sterling, 31, triggered demonstrations in the U.S. capital amid anger over police killings of African-Americans across the United States.

"There is insufficient evidence to pursue federal criminal civil rights or District of Columbia charges" against the officer who shot Sterling, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement. Hassan Murphy, a lawyer for the Sterling family, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Mayor Muriel Bowser said Washington's Metropolitan Police Department had asked for the resignation of the officer involved, who did not have his body camera on in violation of protocol.

"I do not believe there can be real accountability if the officer remains on the force," she said in a statement. The officer is on administrative leave and faces an internal department review of the shooting.

Sterling, a resident of Fort Washington, Maryland, was on a motorcycle when he pulled in front of a police cruiser at a red light early on Sept. 11, the prosecutors' statement said.

Sterling glanced at the officers, then raced through the red light. The police car pursued Sterling, who reached 100 miles per hour (160 km per hour) as he sped through red lights over a 25-block route, the statement said.

Sterling stopped at an intersection and the cruiser blocked his path. When the officer began to get out of the passenger side, Sterling rammed into the passenger door. The officer fired two rounds, hitting Sterling in the right side and neck. He was pronounced dead at a hospital. Sterling had a blood alcohol level of 0.16, about twice the legal limit for the District of Columbia, and tested positive for THC, the active ingredient in cannabis, the statement said.

The officer was not identified by police, prosecutors or the mayor. A wrongful death lawsuit filed by Sterling's family against the department has named him as Officer Brian Trainer and alleges that Sterling posed no threat to him.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-police-washingtondc-idUSKBN1AP2RN

This is similar in the circumstances and the biker's outcome to what happened to US Marine veteran Arthur Macduffie, who was black, in Miami FL during 1979, after he ran a red light. When cops tried to make a traffic stop, Macduffie chose to flee on his motorcycle, running a series of red lights before he was finally apprehended. The coroner's report said he was beaten to death with a blunt heavy metal object, reportedly a police officer's Kel-Lite flashlight. Officers were accused of driving a police vehicle over the motorcycle to support their story of what happened.

The officers' trial was moved to Tampa from Miami because the defense attorneys claimed the officers wouldn't be able to get a fair trial locally. In Tampa, no black jurors sat in the jury box. The deliberation took less than three hours, and the charges against the officers were dismissed.

In Miami, rioting erupted, and the Liberty City/Overtown area, historically a black housing area, looked more-like a war zone, with groups smashing their way into businesses, stealing anything of value, and setting them afire. The fire departments held back their rigs because it wasn't safe for the firefighters because of the constant gunfire. Several businesses were burned to the ground, including a tire distributor, Norton Tire, with several dozen stores supplied from one massive stocked warehouse. Once ablaze, the black plume of smoke from the ignited tires was visible in the next county. Another large business warehouse, Farrey's, wich was a distributor of kitchen and plumbing fixtures, and cabinets and hardware, was also burned to the ground. Neither rebuilt in their lcations.

In the end, 18 people were killed, and the estimates of the damage reached $80 million ($252 million in 2017 dollars).

None of the officers are still employed in the police jobs they held at the time. The officer accused by other officers of swinging the Kel-Lite against Macduffie's skull was later arrested after leaving the force, for selling protection to a drug dealer who was working with authorities. http://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/11/us/man-linked-to-riot-is-arrested.html

http://flashbackmiami.com/2014/05/07/mcduffie-riots-1980/

Last edited:
I guess this guy failed to notice that a decent percentage of cops out there that will cap your ass whether they really need to or not. We all know that being black does not increase anyone's chances of surviving an encounter with one of those rotten racist assholes. Quite often they are never held accountable. What the fuck is the point of a badge cam if the fucking cop can switch it off. It lets us know who those badge cams are designed to protect. I would bet that had the badge cam been switched on this cocksucker would be facing charges.

Maybe one day he will get stuffed in the line of duty and nobody will be charged because this crooked motherfucker switched off his badge cam. Crude justice and karma all rolled up in one.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

"She done-hit that po-leece car, I got the whole thing, raht heere!"

The likely hood that the story went down how they claimed is unlikely. I don't think I've heard of or seen an officer choose to exit his vehicle on the passenger side when there are no obstructions of the driver side door (he was in the intersection). Then also do it with a crazy motorist's vehicle pointed at them. "Hmm, I think I'll exit the vehicle in the most dangerous way possible rather than step out my driver side door that's in clear safety." At the end of the day, the guy shouldn't have ran.

That woman is nuts. Something isn't firing up stairs. I'm surprised then didn't shoot out her tires. That camera guy wasn't firing on all cylinders either. So many people walked up to get a better view of her erratic driving. Perhaps I just love living too much.

She posed a risk of death or GBH so risked lethal force being used against her. I assume mental health or drugs (or both commonly) was her issue.
It would be sad to kill someone in her situation but do you risk others dying to be kind to her? Tough question huh - especially when you have seconds to make the ultimate decision and others have years to judge you for it.

People are stupid, I expect no better from bystanders. I hope the cameraman is sterile to help the gene pool.

As for the biker story, I wasnt there so cant comment.
Guns are used in the states way more than down here by NZ Police who don't even carry a gun full time. They are in lock boxes in the vehicle - Glock 17 and M4.

Back