dealer closing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Who can count how many different pieces of schwag I got recently? Tiebreaker is, "what's in the silver box?" Also, two socks for example, counts as 1 item. I'll email an aftermarket VMax gas filter to the person who first gives me the correct number of separate items by midnight Easter Sunday/Monday morning. See the one labeled 'big schwag' for a more-clear pic.

I am posting the following in the 'VBoost Room' because I figured more eyes would see it sooner as there is a timeframe for this, see below.

For sizes either men's small or XXXL only!

A dealer is closing & tomorrow is the last day. If you are a XXXL (size 50?)or a men's small (size 40) then look at the ad I copied off the web:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/10312/ITEM/Tour-Master-Transition-Series-2-Jacket.aspx

They sell for $170 & free shipping from this outlet. But, if you can use either a S or an XXXL, see below.

I saw two in those men's sizes, one is grey/black (XXXL), the other is brown/black (S). Tourmaster Transition Series II, as seen on pages 3-4 of the May issue of Cycle World and Motorcyclist. I can buy them tomorrow and will ship to the lower 48 states to a home or business for $85 apiece & $15 shipping. Only thing is, tomorrow only & I have to get there early to buy them before someone else does, if that happens, you get a refund. And, there is no returning an item. The store closes tomorrow and remaining inventory is going to be wholesaled. See the pics. Now these have been picked over by other people, so they may need to be washed when you get'em, but they don't look as though the forklift went over either one. Brand-new, dealer's tags & manufacturer's labels affixed, though I didn't see the price tag on the small one. All the manufacturer's tags are there. Just trying to help anyone of those sizes looking to save some significant $. I have paypal and have purchased goods from other members (Ill provide screen names if requested), but have never tried selling here before .

I bought one for myself when they had a bigger selection.

Attachments

• Schwag.jpg
    Schwag.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Tourmaster reflective.jpg
    Tourmaster reflective.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 55
  • Tourmaster Transition II  size 40 label.jpg
    Tourmaster Transition II size 40 label.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Tourmaster Transition II  XXXL label.jpg
    Tourmaster Transition II XXXL label.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 54
  • big schwag.jpg
    big schwag.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 49
Looks like somebody's gonna get a deal. I'm got to think about your contest here, I'm not so good at guessing...:ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

Dave

19 Items , silver box is a dremel tool kit . How is a gas filter sent by email ? Must be some more of that new technology . :rofl_200:

D'oh! My Star Trek teletransporter is down for service, the fuel rods are depleted. I won't be able to email the filter, I'll have to mail it. I'll see if there is anything else lying around to include. No one got the box contents yet but I am waiting for your guesses!

Kind of what you mean by separate items. Here's what I see

1. Fork
2. 2 Boots (1 item)
3. 2 side covers (1 item)
4. Tree clamp
5. Front fender
6. Ratio-Rite bottle
7. Brake light flasher thingy
8. 2 gloves (1item)
9. Degree plate?
10. White backpack
11. Black saddlebags (1 item)
12. 2 scoops (1 item)
13. Brake pads?
14. 2 Brake calipers (1 item)
15. Brake rotor(s?)
16. Small white box below fender (bearings?)
17. Mystery silver box
18. 4 K&N's (1 item)
19. Luggage rack
20. Mystery black thing under the gloves
21. White box next to saddlebags

People might have a chance at the "mystery box" if the picture wasn't taken with a 10 year old cellphone....It's a blob of glare....

"Rawarrior" is very close on all accounts! I am very impressed by your accounting! But, don't forget your guess on the box!

"what's in the box?" (Brad Pitt's character to Morgan Freeman's character in "Seven," while evil-personified character played by Kevin Spacey stands by.

"you didn't tell him?" Spacey's character asks Freeman's.

The "10 year-old cellphone" is a 3 mo. old IPhone and I did erase several attempts before I used one. I assume you looked at the one on the right instead of the one on the left? With guilt, I admit not resorting to ambient light for the pic. I tried a couple w/the flash in the 'on' position (discarded), and then tried the 'auto' setting. The 'auto' setting seemed to work best. Hey, I don't want it to be too-easy!

Happy Easter!
The contest ends tonight at midnight, and I expect to be able to announce the winner on Monday, assuming I can make time for the site. I will PM the winner to find out where to send it. Good luck to all who participate!

The contest is over! The winners are 1] RaWarrior for his detailed account of what 's there, and 2] 2Fear for getting the exact number of schwag items.

Borrowing the almnost-a-spreadsheet from 'RaWarrior,' here's what the items are:

1. Fork: yes, a '93+ to replace my '92 stock fork
2. 2 Boots (1 item): TCX/ACR Air Tech Gore Tex
3. 2 side covers (1 item): stock o.e.m. side covers
4. Tree clamp: polished o.e.m. (I have the polished handlebar clamp to match, probably going to the powdercoater's)
5. Front fender: (recently purchased from 'xstriker')
6. Ratio-Rite bottle: I used to use a graduated baby bottle, 'no-more!'
7. Brake light flasher thingy: Signal Dynamics l.e.d. 2-levels/brightness license plate surround in cast aluminum, BIG difference in visibility of bike
8. 2 gloves (1item): Cortech, not Icon, $15 on closeout, retail $80!
9. Degree plate?: yes, a Motion Pro
10. White backpack: new Marsee expandable magnetic bag, paid $30, ebay has an identical bag for $150 made for Moto Guzzi owners
11. Black saddlebags (1 item): Dowco sportbike panniers, new, v. well-built
12. 2 scoops (1 item): o.e.m., still wrapped from the powdercoater's
13. Brake pads?: about the only one he got wrong, Russell s.s. front brake lines for the '93+ front end
14. 2 Brake calipers (1 item): '87 FZR1000 4 piston opposed Sumitomo 100 mm mount spacing, will bolt right-on my '93+ fork sliders
15. Brake rotor(s?): to go w/the new calipers & front end, o.e.m. 298 mm
16. Small white box below fender (bearings?): All Balls brand tapered roller bearings to replace my knackered stock bearings when I throw-on my front end
17. Mystery silver box: tie-breaker! Progressive Suspension 13" 412 series rear shocks
18. 4 K&N's (1 item): dunno if I am gonna use these or not, I have the drop-in K&N now, these came cheap w/some other stuff & fit, so I got 'em
19. Luggage rack: purchased from 'maleco89' from here, thanks!
20. Mystery black thing under the gloves: just labeling from the Cortech gloves next to this
21. White box next to saddlebags: Plastex plastic repair kit to fix my FZR1000 after someone in the shop tipped over the bike & no one owns-up to having done it-"Grrrrr!":confused2:

Here is another pic of the gloves showing the tag 'RaWarrior' mistook for a separate item and two pairs of other gloves I got about the same time I didn't include in the original pic. Both Alpinestars, one pr. waterproof, the other mesh road gloves, $20 for two pair! Also shows the Russell lines & the opposite side of what he guessed as 'bearings' correctly. I like the 'All Balls' little Mohawk icon. He looks like part of the Iroquois Nation! Cool shades too, Oakleys?

I had fun doing this and wanted to show-off some of my recent acquisitions which will eventually find their way into use. I ride my FZR1000 while work is ongoing to refurbush the VMax.

The total cost for the 'big schwag' pile of goods was a bit >$1K and would probably be 4X that or more if I bought everything new & regular prices, not used or new and 'on-sale.' A rough calc was $4,000 before tax.

I didn't include the Tourmaster Transition Series II jacket, or the Fieldsheer Air mesh jacket w/liner, both of which I bought at the same time, which when tax was included would give me a grand total of $4665! Why, I spent $ to save $! At least that's the defense I will resort to with the missus, who is an engineer & math major. Defensible? I think so...:rofl_200:

Winners' items are shipped, as my fire science instructor said during the inspector's classes, "thank-you for playing," and if your answer to the question he asked was wrong, he would add, "but NO!"

I had fun doing this and I hope those who participated did too.

Back