Deal's Gap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Are all the hotels around Deal's Gap pretty decent or are some really nice and others not so much? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Blaine

My brother and I plan on riding the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway during the week of September 20-24. I'm hoping to find several other good routes in this area and would appreciate it if any local riders or Dragon veterans could recommend some.

Cheers!

Blaine

Take the road out toward Franklin, it's also amazing! There are a few miles of dual carriageway, then you turn off and it's biking heaven for the lovely long sinuous road to Franklin. Once there, go to the local French restaurant, good food and a nice break, then fill up and head back!

I did that with CoffeeBreak last year and we had a great time.

Take the road out toward Franklin, it's also amazing! There are a few miles of dual carriageway, then you turn off and it's biking heaven for the lovely long sinuous road to Franklin. Once there, go to the local French restaurant, good food and a nice break, then fill up and head back!

I did that with CoffeeBreak last year and we had a great time.

Hey naughtyG,

Many thanks for the road and restaurant recommendations!

Speaking of food, I'd really like to find a place near the Tail of the Dragon that serves good bbq (ribs, pulled pork, brisket).

Blaine

This is the road I'm talking about - US28. It's amazing, there's a bit of boring US19 near the middle but then it's amazing all the way to Franklin.

Can't help you on the food thing otherwise, everywhere else I went to was ok but no better. The Deal's Gap breaky was particularly crap to my french tastebuds..

As seen on the pic, it's 55 miles of biking heaven!

Attachments

• US28 deal's gap-franklin.jpg
    US28 deal's gap-franklin.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Actually it's even twistier in real life. Pray for dry weather and you will absolutely love it. It turns so much you're doing 25-50mph most of the time, and since at those speeds the Max handles just great, it's absolute heaven. I'd happily go back there and just keep going back and forth all day. Another bonus: there's hardly anyone there! Not like on the dragon where you get tons of bikes and cars alike, and passing places are far and few between..

Had an awesome time riding Deal's Gap, Cherohayla Skyway, parts of the Blueridge Parkway, and Moonshiner 28. Also took in several fantastic roads in north Georgia around Vogel State Park. Sunny skies and temperatures hovered in the high 80's to low 90's. Accommodations were very reasonable ranging from $55-75 USD. The riders we met as well as the local townspeople were all very friendly. Great local food. A lot of busy Troopers on the Tail...especially the Tennessee side!

Cheers!

Blaine

Attachments

• gap.jpg
    gap.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back