deals gap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
headed to deals gap with a friend of mine over easter, anybody else interesed, we are leaving from mid ohio and hitting all county roads all the way down, we can meet up anywhere in between here and there, if anybody want's to ride along e-mail me [email protected], there is no time frame for us. dave magoo

My pop and I are talking about a trip down there but we intend on trailering the bikes down and back. Also not really sure when.

If I had a bike that didnt handle like a semi soft turd in turns I would love to ride deals gap, in all honesty I would kill myself riding it on a VMAX, or wind up in jail, the cops are bad and pricks out there,, read about tail of the dragon the TNHP are assholes out that way..
Thanks I stick with straight aways I already went airborne on my VMAX at 90+MPH and dont care to push the envelope again.. Most likely the VMAX will be up for sale in the Spring, currently working on cosmetic pretty shit to make the sale easier..
Going over budget I will not invest in making it a bracket bike,. Rider for Hire in the 09 Season.. Yankee Returns to the Drags hopefully on a early model gixxer with a trac frame and swingarm slider clutch, aluminum bars I am rambling now... anyways NO I wont be at deals gap with ya Toadface Magoo

headed to deals gap with a friend of mine over easter, anybody else interesed, we are leaving from mid ohio and hitting all county roads all the way down, we can meet up anywhere in between here and there, if anybody want's to ride along e-mail me [email protected], there is no time frame for us. dave magoo

I did Deals Gap on my 95 Max that was completely stock. All the turns are relatively low speed and caused no handling problems. I don't think there was enough stress on the frame / suspension to cause any flexing or other problems. I was able to leave my companions far enough behind that I could stop and take pics while waiting for them. Never needed more that 2 gears either. Just be smooth and you will have a blast.

The best time to go is the middle of the day during the week. Much less traffic. My trip was in 2000 and law enforcement and traffic was probably less of a problem than now.

Absolutely, you cannot possibly take Deal's Gap so fast that the flexi-flyer stock Vmax will wallow. The best bikes for Deal's Gap are the lightweight 200-650 dual sports. I take all my bikes there and the new (to me) Vmax will go this Spring. I am no good at fast sweepers, but the very very tight twisty stuff is right up my ally, the tighter the better! So I'm looking forward to running the Vmax where it doesn't belong when it's past freezing time up there.

I personally saw a big yellow Goldwing (Yellow Wolf, the guy who makes the Dragon videos) smoke a buncha sport bikes. Then the same day I smoked some sport bikes on my big heavy Dyna Harley. It's all about the riding technique, not the bike, really. +1 on a weekday morning to avoid the anally-fixated TN police. Also, just ride at your own pace and let the faster riders just pass on by, politely of course with a friendly wave--it is one gorgeous ride, and every road in the area offers more of the same!

There's good motorcycle camping near Deals Gap and tons of fantastic riding nearby, PM me if you want some tips to have a great trip!
Don't forget it's a dry county, so you're out an hour of riding just for a beer run, better pick it up on the way in!

Something I forgot. While you are in the area take a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The longer the better. You won't be sorry...

Enjoy and be safe!! :eusa_dance:

I have been going down to Deals Gap now for a few years and absolutely have a blast everytime no matter which bike I was riding it on!! :punk:

Here was 2006 on my Vmax!!

desktop1.jpg

2007 I took both the 07 R1 and the Vmax down!! :punk:

img_9160.jpg

Leading the guys on a Sushi run to Knoxville!! :clapping:

img_3541.jpg

2008 on my buddies Vmax with my wife on because he said you couldn't make it corner!!
:rofl_200:

img_3933.jpg

sparks.jpg

2008 on our FJR!!

us1294.jpg

All kind of neat roads down there to ride (i.e. Devils Triangle, Rt. 180 & 60 in nearby Ga., Cherohala Skyway, etc.) If you need any suggestions, let me know ([email protected]) and I can give you a lot of good roads to ride. Also check out tailofthedragon.com website--neat stuff there.

We're heading down to "The Dragon" in late April, late May, and either late summer or early fall. Try to get there at least 3 times/year. We trailer down from Cincinnati and have a ball every time we go.

Enjoy

Back