del

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
deleting as a favor for Desert Max
To moderators: please delete the thread.

Last edited:
Too bad he’s not asking 500 bucks.

Bit of trivia here, I lived in a rented cottage on Lake Weir in the “thriving metropolis” of Ocklawaha for a number of years.

I remember being rudely awakened from a hung over slumber one Saturday morning by the sound of what seemed to be World War III right outside my bedroom window. Turns out the cottage was next-door to the property occupied by Ma Barker and her famous gang when they were ambushed, overtaken and killed by the FBI.

They were doing their yearly reenactment. I can tell you that until I get out there and figured out what was going on, I was scared schidtless.

the cottage was next-door to the property occupied by Ma Barker and her famous gang when they were ambushed, overtaken and killed by the FBI.
"Duck, duck youse!" 😆

I'm hitting the floor anytime I think I'm hearing ordinance! :oops:

That GW is hideously-overpriced. I wouldn't be interested at $1,000. Maybe if it had been pickled properly, and the gas tank was spotless. But certainly not if the carbs looked like these GW carbs!

Honda Gold Wing bad carbs.03.jpgHonda Gold Wing weathered.01.jpg

Too bad he’s not asking 500 bucks.

Bit of trivia here, I lived in a rented cottage on Lake Weir in the “thriving metropolis” of Ocklawaha for a number of years.

I remember being rudely awakened from a hung over slumber one Saturday morning by the sound of what seemed to be World War III right outside my bedroom window. Turns out the cottage was next-door to the property occupied by Ma Barker and her famous gang when they were ambushed, overtaken and killed by the FBI.

They were doing their yearly reenactment. I can tell you that until I get out there and figured out what was going on, I was scared schidtless.

Back in my " Indian Days " , a couple of Lakota and I were engaged in a sweat lodge ceremony back in the woods of GA. , near Macon. We heard gunshots outside and came out to see what the shots were all about. We saw a couple gov't issue cars about 50 yards down the road and surmised the FBI had decided to warn us away. As a couple members of AIM were still on the " watch list " from back in the day when the Bureau Of Indian Affairs was targeted by AIM and later when FBI agents were killed in a skirmish near Wounded Knee in South Dakota and Leonard Peltier was convicted of the deed , even tho all the guys I spoke with swore he wasn't the one. Scared the Hell out of me and my family , so we decided to seriously limit our associations with the group.

I really wish you would stop spreading misinformation. I belong to several Goldwing forums and am quite active on at least two of them. 75, 76, 77 were essentially identical. The first real changes came in 78 and they were performance related.

Not sure where you came up with the factoid that the 84 was the worst year. It was the first year 1200, and there are a lot of unique aspects to that year only, but that doesn’t make it worst. It was a 1200. They were all solid. I had an 84. Put 30,000 trouble free miles on it.

Last edited:
84 Corvette was the worst year for Corvette? Why? Cause it was the first model year of a completely redesigned vehicle? This Corvette spanned 12 years. 1984 to 1996. Same could be said for ANY first year vehicle like the 1985 Vmax or 2009 Vmax. By the way, I also own a 1988 GMT400 pick up. The first model year of arguably GMs most successful longest lasting pickup truck run. Mine by the way has over 400K on it. And once I get done doing my solid axle swap, will be going back up in mileage.

Like Desert Max Says.......where you are pulling these "facts" from....need to stop. Until you have actual proof to back up your words.

Last edited:
Problem is, it’s pretty easy to disagree with somebody who is wrong most of the time. If you spew wrong information, expect disagreement. I don’t care if you don’t care, but wrong is still wrong.

Get it right before you get it wrong.

Last edited:
About 84 Corvettes: they had weakest engine 205 HP, central injection, 85-up had I think 250 HP MPI. This is main reason, why people don't like 84 models. Both of my 84s had lots of problems, but I never had any another year except 96(300HP). Again, I don't care if somebody disagrees.

This is such an easy statement to find the problem. Everyone here has seen your attempts to repair things. If you repaired these vehicles the way you have shown everyone here how you repair things, its easy to see why your vehicles have lots of problems.

As for the HP....dont blame the manufacturer. Blame the government for its CARB mandates that neutered vehicle engines of this era. So it had low HP. So what? My 1988 Chevrolet truck is rated at 210HP at 300 ft lbs of torque. You know how you bring the engine back? Get a timing chain kit with sprockets. These engines timing were retarded 8 degrees to keep emissions compliant. Want more power? Swap cams. This would bring back a neutered 350 back to the 300+HP range and 400ft lb of torque range. All on a stock engine. After I rebuilt my truck engine, I dyno'ed it. 273HP at the rear wheels at 4200RPM. 349 ft lbs at the rear wheels at 2900RPM. I built the engine for hauling and towing. Not speed.

Read this and stop making me waste my time, I am not doing research for you anymore, there is a reason brakes were changed in 78:
https://www.goldwingfacts.com/threa...angeable-all-parts-with-a-1978-gl1000.344851/Go to:
https://www.partzilla.com/check all diagrams for 75 and 77 to see if there is any parts difference, when you are done report here. And don't forget to mention how much time you wasted to prove how smart you are. ;)
PS. Keep arguing, it is entertaining. :D 👍

Waste YOUR time??? First of all, the random, disjointed, usually irrelevant posts that you make here on a daily basis have wasted everybody’s time. Unless they’ve gotten wise and don’t bother to open them…

Secondly, the link you provided above supports what I said in post #10! Not sure how you were trying to enlighten me/us with that reference…

Please, go back to the sidewalk and continue working with your duct tape and bubble gum.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Read this and stop making me waste my time, I am not doing research for you anymore, there is a reason brakes were changed in 78:
https://www.goldwingfacts.com/threa...angeable-all-parts-with-a-1978-gl1000.344851/Go to:
https://www.partzilla.com/check all diagrams for 75 and 77 to see if there is any parts difference, when you are done report here. And don't forget to mention how much time you wasted to prove how smart you are. ;)
PS. Keep arguing, it is entertaining. :D 👍
Read your referenced thread, all 12 posts that took me a solid 3 minutes, and I didn't see anywhere that substantiated your claim of design issues associated with any particular years. The post you link to simply asks about parts interchangeability between years and, not that I know anything about Gold Wings, seems to encompass a period of time when they went from a 1000 to an 1100. I would fully expect there to be different parts here and there but that's not indicative of any inherent design flaw.

I'll conclude you've proven different years use different parts...not exactly an earth-shattering revelation. Solid, solid 'research' on your part.

What you haven't done is definitively proven any design issue.

It must be shocking news for some people, but opinions can be different.

I have an 84 Goldwing Standard which IMO looks pretty good. If there WAS a problem with it someone please tell me what it was other than usual maintenance. Why do people who have NO idea what they're talking about spew off useless nonsense?

std3.jpgf

Back