DIY: Bigger tank instead of the fake Cover, anybody...!@?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patineto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not like im a genius metalshaper but building a extra gas contanier those not look that hard, using the fake plate as bottom or at least outline and cutting a tank that has similar contour..

Anybody...??

Im used to 13 gallon on my ktm 660 dakar bike and 6.8 on my ktm 640 and my bmw gs..

I dont plan to go really far but i dont want a waste a trip worried about gas range

Thanks for sharing experiences

I have seen pictures of them in the past but IMO completely spoil the lines of the bike and add weight high up.
IMO the better solution larger tank in the current position such as the 20 litre tank from Exactrep. I have one of those and, depending on how the bike is ridden you can get 120+ miles before reserve.

I have seen pictures of them in the past but IMO completely spoil the lines of the bike and add weight high up.
IMO the better solution larger tank in the current position such as the 20 litre tank from Exactrep. I have one of those and, depending on how the bike is ridden you can get 120+ miles before reserve.
Actually i was thinking on the Two tanks...

LInes matter very little to me, but yes weight at the very top is not a good thing..

Do i need a longer swingarm to run your tank...???

Im thinking or repainting the frame, so will be a perfect time to install a bigger tank

Thank yiu for the help

Line matter

Okay 5 gallons is plenty, you have me interested, what else do i need to install it...!#?1000016049.jpg

Back