down size

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
how many of you guys have had your company down size or lay off, i have always thought my company was recession proof, but in the last 2 weeks thay have unloaded over 200 temps, this is scary shit, we have kept this town alive for a long time. dave

nothing to us directly yet but we've had thousands (maybe even in the ten thousands easily) have been laid off in my similar industry. I work for Spirit Aerosystems (used to be Boeing Wichita) so this recession is hitting everyone hard. I spent 4 months one 3 day work weeks which can get rough when you have 40% less income too.

Sean

The GM plant I worked at until last July....

Will officially close next month:damn angry:

We had a small Layoff 12 people in December, but in Past 2 months were working 50-60hr weeks. The smaller Injection Molders are going under and were able to absorb new molds and transfers from our current customers who lost suppliers due to being bankrupt or saying screw the automotive business. Sure hope it lasts. This recession has cost millions of Jobs. We have not hired anyone back yet, I hope we can by summer.

We had a small Layoff 12 people in December, but in Past 2 months were working 50-60hr weeks. The smaller Injection Molders are going under and were able to absorb new molds and transfers from our current customers who lost suppliers due to being bankrupt or saying screw the automotive business. Sure hope it lasts. This recession has cost millions of Jobs. We have not hired anyone back yet, I hope we can by summer.

Glad to hear this Chris. A few companies will rise up and pic up the slack, it's nice to know yours is one of them. :thumbs up:

Alcoa's fall may partially be our companies (and Boeings) doing. We quit buying from them I believe starting last year and phasing out as we can. That's probably millions on millions of fasteners and aluminum,

Sean

Only people who are safe are elected officials.
I work in a hospital, but even that isn't 100% safe especially with our borderline retarded governer.

I worked for a Software company. Got laid off on March 6th. Been on at least 10 interviews with no luck.

I worked for a Software company. Got laid off on March 6th. Been on at least 10 interviews with no luck.

sorry friend, how do you look for another job, when alot of other people are, a degree don't mean shit anymore, i am 47 and the thought of looking for another job if fruitless, thank god my wife makes alot of money. i have alot of friends who are fucked with no overtime.:ummm:

Back