Dummy!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
I washed the max and thought why not spray a lil tire shine on' couldn;t hurt, right?:confused2: I hit rain coming back from my son's house,.Coming up old fort mtn;A busy 4 lane here,I slid like a flat tracker'. DAMN. scared the s!!t out of me, i never dreamed that stuff was that slick,The rain i believe made it worse'.Never again.Hope my grammar is ok ,if your thinkng of using it please don;t:bang head::confused2:

I have used it in the past, very carefully keeping it off any of the tire that could contact the road. Wipe it on with a rag, don't spray it!

I don't use it at all on my bike for that exact reason! I'll bet you were glad you were able to save it, and not go down. Your grammar is fine, pop.

I sometimes use Turtle Wax F-21, it states right on the can to make sure it doesn't get on any part of the tread. I spray it on a rag and wipe it on....but, I live on a dirt road and we're in the 'season of the dust'! That stuff will draw dust from the next county so I won't use it till later in the year....if at all. Your experience was a good reminder to avoid that shit altogether....glad you didn't go down Pop!!

I had the same experience once, hurried to turn onto the street I lived on, had to cross some R/R tracks that had rubber in the driving lanes instead of ties....it was raining and when I hit that rubber the ass end went right out sideways....in front of a tri-axle dump truck pulling a low-boy with a dozer on.

Musta freaked the trucker too cause he blasted me with the air horn! Oooo, that wouldda been ugly!

And Pop, your grammer is just fine....much better'n mine! Don't give it a second thought!! :punk:

Oops, Even us FOG's learn things. Very Happy you didn't lose it all together... I slid through an intersection backwards once long ago.
Never dropped the bike but learned a lot in those few seconds... :rofl_200:

Oops, Even us FOG's learn things. Very Happy you didn't lose it all together... I slid through an intersection backwards once long ago.
Never dropped the bike but learned a lot in those few seconds... :rofl_200:

Sounds like you were following your own 'brown trail!' Is that what the steel-shoe guys refer to as, 'backin' it in?'

Did you have to throw-away those under-crunders? The ones with the W-I-D-E brown stripe?

It came a downpour that day i believe the tire spinning soaked helped the tire shine get to the tread.Come too close to loseing it,Not going to tempt fate.glad we all missed the reaper,especially you danny ;weve all had our moments ,have a great summer guys wish you all the best

Fire-medic: I'm sure as with your profession danger becomes a drug rather than a deterrent.
I've done way far worse things on a bike than riding an intersection backwards...:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back