Dyna 3000 Lap Top Programmable

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary,
do you have any of the Ignitech units available for the 90-07?

Don't have any TCI's left at this time.

I missed your PM you sent a couple of days ago. I no longer get emails when I receive a PM since the upgrade, it's a glitch in system. I am not on here nearly as much as I am on Venture site.

Gary

Thanks Sean,
I need the 90-07 single pickup style. I have tried and tried again to contact Dingy but I get nothing but silence. Do you have any information you can send me on the Ignitech unit. I would really like to peruse any literature you might have on it. If I think it will work for me is reliable, and a replacement would be readily available if I needed one, I will purchase one. I have been aware of the new Dyna 3k for quite a while but some have experienced problems with software/possibly hardware and was waiting for them to work any of those bugs out. I was getting ready to go ahead and purchase the Dyna the other day when I heard of the Ignitech and all of the features it has (and I need). Sooo, I put the brakes on the Dyna and am trying to find out more on the Ignitech.
Thanks,
Ryan

These are custom units made for the Vmax and done by special order in batches only. I usually buy a few extra's to have for sale as customers wear out or want to upgrade their old box.

http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

I only have 2 left and you'll need to email me at [email protected] if interested.

Sean

Well now, Dynatech has finally decided to upgrade. I wonder what other bikes they will offer the programmable 3000 for?

I had a 3000 in my Shadow 750ACE, and this really livened up the engine immensely when combined with a much better exhaust, free flowing intake, and rejetting. My only complaint was that its initial timing at idle was the same as stock. (The Shadows all need about 4-5 degrees more initial advance, which helps with both easier starting, and off idle response)

I wonder if a few degrees of added initial advance would help the Max with its cold-bloodedness?

With all this talk, I think I would go with the Ingitech unit. I like the way it is completely programmable, and that it works with COP and you can control the V-boost.

Now... if someone would find a way to make an aftermarket FI setup for the 1st Gen max...

Well now, Dynatech has finally decided to upgrade. I wonder what other bikes they will offer the programmable 3000 for?

I had a 3000 in my Shadow 750ACE, and this really livened up the engine immensely when combined with a much better exhaust, free flowing intake, and rejetting. My only complaint was that its initial timing at idle was the same as stock. (The Shadows all need about 4-5 degrees more initial advance, which helps with both easier starting, and off idle response)

I wonder if a few degrees of added initial advance would help the Max with its cold-bloodedness?

With all this talk, I think I would go with the Ingitech unit. I like the way it is completely programmable, and that it works with COP and you can control the V-boost.

Now... if someone would find a way to make an aftermarket FI setup for the 1st Gen max...

Ignitech makes several controllers for FI. I obtained one for a VMax owner a few months ago. Not sure how progress is going on that project.

Gary

Ignitech makes several controllers for FI. I obtained one for a VMax owner a few months ago. Not sure how progress is going on that project.

Gary
I would be very interested in knowing what he is using for a throttle body setup. And other associated gear needed. Or is this a 2nd Gen bike he has?

I posted this on the thread where I originally gave some bad info, but thought it was relevant here as well

Thanks Gary for helping me get it right!

======================================================

The three wires from the servo I was calling out as open/closed contacts for position indication ARE potentiometer leads, NOT dry contacts as I had previously and incorrectly stated. They are still for position indication but work differently.

This is based on Gary/Dingy's knowledge and research with the servo unit and I believe him since he's spent quite a bit of time "interfacing" the servo units with the Ignitech TCI's that he's into.:worthy:

I'm going to go back and re-examine my servo unit and try to figure out how I got it THAT wrong:ummm:

My apologies if I sent anyone on a wild goose chase with bad info.

I do very complex protective relaying, controls and automation on "The Power Grid" for a living so I'm embarrassed to say the least at getting something this simple so wrong.....Though I will say I do not get down to "board level" electronics very often....

Then again I put three counties in the dark once before so it IS a hazard of the business:biglaugh:

Its why we TEST, TEST, TEST

Don't have any TCI's left at this time.

I missed your PM you sent a couple of days ago. I no longer get emails when I receive a PM since the upgrade, it's a glitch in system. I am not on here nearly as much as I am on Venture site.

Gary
Hi Gary,
thanks for the post back. Also, since I have been poking around the internet looking for info on the Ignitech I kinda figured out that you are more of a Venture guy than V-max. I would have left a post on the Venture site except I am not a member. On a side note, my father bought a Venture back in the late 80's. He rode the ever lovin shit outa that thing. When/are you planning on ordering more Ignitech units?
Ryan

Latest posts

Back