Dyna3000 Years/Models

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
Well, I decided to sneak a new purchase past the wife... a Dyna 3000. I was hoping to get it before Conesville, and really wished I had it when I missedd 2nd gear, but it just arrived this morning... a few days late. Anyway, I see on the lable, that the model they sent me was D3K7-6 and it was the D3K IGN 90-2001 YAM VMAX.... mine is an 02. I haven't called them yet, but I wanted to find out if they screwed up or if the lable hasn't been updated to handle 90's through 07's. Wanted to see what others thought and see what I should do before getting all bent out of shape.
Thanks,
Jeff

You should be fine, Yamaha hasn't changed the ignition system since 1990.

Well, I was impatient and just decided to call and the guy said you can't go off the sticker... Dyantek hasn't updated their tags in a while. The Dyna3000 model number D3K7-6 will fit V-Maxes from 85 to 87 and 90 through 2007, so now I'm actually pretty upset at QuarterHorse that he didn't bid on that early model Dyna3000 that went for $7 on eBay.... anyway, I just thought I would let people know what I found out and I'll be posting some pictures of the install.

Jeff

Jeff, ignitions for '85 - '89 are the same and then '90 on up.

Check here, Vmax is at the bottom of page. The D3K7-7 will not work on '90 - and up model years. It has been tried. :)

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/dynatek/3000.htm

I trust you (and the web site) over what the guy told me... thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Now I need to get it installed, swap out some fork seals, check my plugs, fill some nitrous bottles, and look at my coils. I noticed my rear two are cracked... I have read some others on the forum have had the same problems. I'm not too worried about it, I'll probably seal them back up with some epoxy or silicone or something.

Thanks again,

Jeff

I think that it really blows that this is our only aftermarket option.They are really generic for what they cost.My honda has a new dyna 2000 and they are 10x's better quality.I also thought that I had heard 2 dyna 2000's might work?

That first drag max that Sean bought had some kind of different ignition in it?Saw it at thunder a few years ago.

Well, I decided to sneak a new purchase past the wife... a Dyna 3000. I was hoping to get it before Conesville, and really wished I had it when I missedd 2nd gear, but it just arrived this morning... a few days late. Anyway, I see on the lable, that the model they sent me was D3K7-6 and it was the D3K IGN 90-2001 YAM VMAX.... mine is an 02. I haven't called them yet, but I wanted to find out if they screwed up or if the lable hasn't been updated to handle 90's through 07's. Wanted to see what others thought and see what I should do before getting all bent out of shape.
Thanks,
Jeff

Lucky:worthy:, mine hasn't showed up yet. It should be here by friday :p. If it's half as good as the dyna I had on my other bike, I'll be tickled.

I got my Dyna 3000 installed the other day and set it at curve #5. I noticed a miss or stumble holding around 5500 rpm.... it clears up above or below it, but I was wondering if anyone else is using this and what curve are you running. I have a Kerkerr 4-2-1 with comp baffle, Morley's carb kit, and will be spraying a 40HP shot of nitrous at the track. I may try one of the retarding curves when I spray. Also with the ability to use different curves, is it better to go to a higher octane fuel or stay at 87?

I'm hoping to get to the track this Friday if the rain holds.

Jeff

I got my Dyna 3000 installed the other day and set it at curve #5. I noticed a miss or stumble holding around 5500 rpm.... it clears up above or below it, but I was wondering if anyone else is using this and what curve are you running. I have a Kerkerr 4-2-1 with comp baffle, Morley's carb kit, and will be spraying a 40HP shot of nitrous at the track. I may try one of the retarding curves when I spray. Also with the ability to use different curves, is it better to go to a higher octane fuel or stay at 87?

I'm hoping to get to the track this Friday if the rain holds.

Jeff

Curve 5 is up there but in the range. Are you getting detonation? try using a higher octaine fuel. pretty much with carb kits and pipes It should respond well to curves 2 through 5 with unleaded plus or premium. When your on the sqeeze I suggest curve 8 and Unleaded plus to help with detonation. But then again your only spraying 40hp so detonation shouldn't be much of a factor so you would more then likely get away with regular unleaded.

Latest posts

Back