Dyno-Kote or Kreem Blue Shield?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of these products? I am wanting to use one of them to coat the inside of my Kerker 4-1 before I powdercoat the outside. It's supposed to help keep the exterior temperature down so that the powder will be less susceptible to burning off. Hopefully someone will know something about one of these products and be able to tell me it's ok to use on my pipes.

Why not jet-hot coat? they have diff colors now i believe...I've used Dyno-cote before..worked pretty good for the most part..just take your time coating the insides and do multi layers

Here is the description. The part that concerns me the most of highlighted towards the end of the paragraph.

At last there?s an answer to one of the oldest questions in the motorcycle industry ?How do I keep my exhaust pipes from blueing?? The answer is DYNO-KOTE?, available exclusively from Custom Chrome?. DYNO-KOTE? is a specially-formulated internal exhaust pipe sealer which forms a protective heat barrier that minimizes blueing in most exhaust systems. As part of the installation process, DYNO-KOTE? actually bonds itself to the walls of the exhaust when exposed to high exhaust temperatures. DYNO-KOTE? may only be used in new exhaust systems which have not been previously run, and installation is as easy as pouring it into the headpipes and rotating them until they?re evenly coated. When properly installed, your exhaust pipes can retain that ?new? look for thousands of miles and not just a few hours like unprotected pipes.

Note: This product should not be used in any exhaust system which has built-in anti-reversion cones (i.e., ?Python? or CustomChrome ?AR?? pipes), nor should it be used in SuperTrapp or Rich Products ?Thunderheader? exhaust systems. There is no practical way to drain the product back out of the headpipes past the anti-reversion cone without plugging it up and rendering it useless. Pipes may still blue slightly if installed on a motor that is improperly jetted or timed, or the choke is left on for extended periods of time. Exhaust systems with extremely sharp bends coming out of the heads may also discolor or blue slightly. Complete kit (includes two 8 oz. bottles and brush)

Yeah do ceramic coating, I don't think that powder coating can sustain the continued high temps of an exhaust, it would probably burn and look like ass after awhile.

Why not jet-hot coat? they have diff colors now i believe...I've used Dyno-cote before..worked pretty good for the most part..just take your time coating the insides and do multi layers

I'm not sure that A) I want to spend that much money to get the inside done by JetHot and B) I want to have to pack the exhaust up and ship it to them.
I'm getting one heck of a deal on powdercoating here so I'm going to see if that Dyno-Kote stuff works.....as long as I know it's safe on the Kerker.

I tried calling Supertrapp and couldn't get through to a REAL person instead of a machine.

Yeah do ceramic coating, I don't think that powder coating can sustain the continued high temps of an exhaust, it would probably burn and look like ass after awhile.

The powder I have claims to be good up to 1000 degrees. The guy who's doing it for me has done it before and it's just barely burnt off in random spots on the head pipes. That's why I'm thinking that if I coat the inside with that junk, it'll be enough to keep the temps down and not burn the powder. Plus he's only done Harley pipes before. Those get hotter than pipes on metric bikes.

I've used the Dyno-Kote before and it worked great. Just make sure you have the pipes super clean and recoat until you use up all the product. Follow instructions to the letter also. I had it in Harley aftermarket headpipes for about 8 years and they never got more than a little yellow tint that easily buffed out. It is a thick liquid which is why they warn about not using it where there are small openings that could clog.

I powder coated the inside pipes of my kerker with Eastons High Temp powder.
Temp ratings are constant 1000F and Peak 1300F:eusa_dance:
If your EGT are able to melt that you will have much more problems then worrying about the powder melting.

If your pipes are blueing its due to improper carb jetting. My Kerker has been on since 2000 and I have no blueing.

Hey Don! Is that "Eastons High Temp Powder" the same stuff you told me to buy from Eastwood? They claim it's only good up to 1000. How hot do your pipes get?

Would I be able to get away with doing the outside of the pipes and not the insides?

Back