EFI Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Try to retain the V-boost function with the EFI setup?

• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm working on the sensor end now and it will be an be external version. It may or may not work we'll see... I'll machine the parts over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Up until now the contributions Mark and I have received from this board is from Sean supplying parts (Thank You Sean) and lots of praise and thought from everybody with the hopes that we'll come up with a cheap EFI setup. The crank sensor isn't rocket science, in fact.... it's what every aftermarket stand alone EFI supplier recommends. The EFI setup Wild brother's sells is the toothed wheel setup. I'm sure he'd happy to do the mod.

I have a spare flywheel of Marks here and would be happy to send the wheel (I'll pay shipping) if some one on this list is willing to pay for the mod to see the project progress quicker. Yes you can contribute monetarily and help.

Understand that I have hundreds of hours and dollars in this project. I have sent 2 sets of injectors (Marks) to Italy free of charge do you think there would have been some collaboration on their part, where are they now? Their using a toothed wheel and their version is running.

Had to laugh the other day http://www.saarloos.net/content/view/74/77/ Look familliar? I remember this guy posting Nitrousbrother.... where is he?

There are a couple of people on this board that have setups from Wild Brother's How come nobody has offered any feedback from their experience with the setup? :confused2:

Sorry for the rant but the people that have offered more than words will be rewarded. Again... Thank you Mark and Sean.

Hello Gary .. hello everyone.
I just had time to read these pages.
I am so sorry for your outburst, but I remember to you that I had no answer to the last emails that I wrote to help with the EFI! ...and I don't know why!

I'll explain the current status of our project:
Last year Luca has solved the "lost sync" problems pulling out a tooth to the 36 teeth non missing tooth phonic wheel and replacing sensor hall and Pick-up's wires with shielded cables. I found cables shielded with twisted wires. Optimum to solve noises problems. Has just finished completely redo the wiring of its V-Max. Under the insulating tape of the original V-Max wiring, there are many junctions and ALL oxidized!

About me: all is stopped since last year for some problems. I don't have a garage in which to work ... only the parking lot of the apartment building, behind my car, outside! I'm waiting to pass the winter to resume from stand-by. Here is snowing now. I have to finish the wiring and other changes.
The fuel pump that we had mounted last year it needed too much current, so we replace due.
A lot of month ago I bought a '08 CBR600RR fuel pump with level sender and I have to mount in to the tank.
Please, note that no a ride last year! Just started the engine and I had big problems with "Lost Sync".
I hope to solve this problems without take off a tooth from phonic wheel, just replacing sensors cables with appropriate twisted and shielded cables.

I already told by email that I feel indebted to you about the injectors, then somehow I would help you!
See you soon.
Have a nice day.
Fabio.

ps: about 50 minutes to write this... and I'm sorry if you find errors :bang head:

Latest posts

Back