Electrical problem???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnmax

Reaction score
Went out earlier for a ride and my bike starting doing something funny.

I didnt have time to check it out, in laws are in town, I will have to look tomorrow after work.

Aftet riding for two hours on my way home I noticed my tach wasnt working properly.

My tach wont rev above 4 grand, even when i know Im higher than that.

When I grab my brake the tach drops to zero, when I let go it pops back up to 3500-4000 rpm, but no higher.

If I sit in neutral or cruising and hold brake the tach sits at zero until I let go of brake

Neutral light wont come on when bike is in neutral.

Blinkers dont work

just installed new headlight

Running light works but brake light does NOT, wether I use rear or front brake.

High beam light works

Any other suggestions?

Bike seems to run fine, headlight is full brightness. It doesnt seem as though the bike isnt charging.

Last edited:
You have a short in your signal system somewhere. I would check your signal fuse first, probably blown since only your headlight is working. Headlight is separate fuse. Running light's work because they don't go through the fuse box. When installing your signals might have accidently grounded and blown the fuse. I'm betting your horn doesn't work either.

You have a short in your signal system somewhere. I would check your signal fuse first, probably blown since only your headlight is working. Headlight is separate fuse. Running light's work because they don't go through the fuse box. When installing your signals might have accidently grounded and blown the fuse. I'm betting your horn doesn't work either.

I ran out to the garage to honk my horn....

Ok, it isnt long enough, I need the wife for that. lol

Your right it doesnt work.

I will get into it tomorrow after work.

Back