engine noise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khuenefeldt

Reaction score
How noisy are these engines? At certain rpms i seem to get some vibration which I know is common on a V style motor at certain rpms. I can be cruising at low rpms and seem to hear the valve train...not so much clicking...just noisy. Is this pretty common?

On the last 4 motorcycles I've had I always had fear of engine noise. I'm the type of person to start the motor...put their ear up to it...listen...or be cruising and get my ear down to hear any uncommon sounds.

My friends GSXR 750 inline 4 just seems so quiet compared to my V4 :confused2:

That vibration could be something coming loose.Engind mount bolt or something.Check the bolt where the frame can be unbolted to remove the engine.

With solid engine mounts I can feel when something is coming loose.Everything needs to be blue loctited also.

That vibration could be something coming loose.Engind mount bolt or something.Check the bolt where the frame can be unbolted to remove the engine.

With solid engine mounts I can feel when something is coming loose.Everything needs to be blue loctited also.

No kidding, when I went to solid engine mounts I spent about 6 months chasing down loose or missing fasteners and loc-tighting them back on.

Back