factory clamp seals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski3747270

Reaction score
Well, I've had problems with just about every part of my bike, and thanks to the forum here, I have rectified all of them, except the exhaust.

I have serious exhaust gas coming from the left rear cylinder where the pipe joins the block.

After careful observation (and exhaust gas inhalation), I have narrowed the leak down to the two sliding seals and the copper-toned clamp that holds the two together.
I can understand how they work, but now I need to fix the joint.
The leak doesnt come from where the two seals mate each other, but where they slide up and down on the pipe.
It almost seems like the circular metal seals are too large a diameter for the exhaust pipe diameter...this is my diagnosis.

I have applied generous amounts of RTV (and a "quick fix muffler pipe tape-gimmick from auto zone), but thats just not doing it.

I was wondering what my options are now?

I can RTV where I can access, but the part of the pipe facing inside I cannot get to.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Can you take a pic and show us what you mean?

I think I follow what you are saying but it would be a help to see how you have these fitted.

Thanks guys,

I'm replacing the exhaust. Its time for the cobras to go.

Chris

Latest posts

Back