Finally finished my lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much for an ignitor?

Attachments

• m82HkbWDkRTUcq_06iMe9jw.jpg
    m82HkbWDkRTUcq_06iMe9jw.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 22
Love the lights, I have the same flame inserts in my scoops but with orange lights. Not sure about where you live but in Pa it's illegal to have red lights on front. You might want to check your local laws. But it does look good I especially like the front turn signals on the mirror stems.

Love the lights, I have the same flame inserts in my scoops but with orange lights. Not sure about where you live but in Pa it's illegal to have red lights on front. You might want to check your local laws. But it does look good I especially like the front turn signals on the mirror stems.

The thing I don't like about minimalist lighting is the lack of visibility especially in the daylight. They look cool, but I want all the lighting I can get, front, back, and sides. That's why the 'scatter' from a filament bulb is superior to an l.e.d., which has a more-directional output. Also, the size of a lens conducts light waves thru it which is why some turn signal lenses aren't flat w/the bezel, to increase side visibility. Also, the square inches of the lens is more-visible as-well.

I have collected enough components to re-do all lighting on my bike, and it will be to increase the light output, increase the visibility from the front and the rear, and to incorporate a style for the front rarely-seen on a VMax. Now all I need is the time to do it.

I do like the look of the headlight (VRod?) and the mirror/signal lights, are they Rizomas?

The headlight is from Omnia Racing in Italy.The mirrors are Tomok and the turn signals in them are my own creation.BTW the taillight is from a ZX10 but soon to be switched out for a Ducati with sequential turn signals.I've never liked the look of turn signals hanging off a bike like an afterthought,but I understand their importance and mine are bright even in daylight.A round headlight is so 70's,I saw this one and knew it was perfect fit for my Max.The scoop lights are on a switch as it's also illegal in Iowa to have red lights on the front,as if it would be mistaken for an emergency vehicle.

Back