foot pegs ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbie2007

Reaction score
Hey guys looking to upgrade my front and rear pegs on my bike found some good aluminum ones of course on eBay just wondering if any pegs will work or are they bike specific ?

They are probably bike specific although that doesn't mean that they won't fit. Unfortunately unless someone has already tried it you are on your own.

I fitted some FZR 1000 to the front of mine, they needed a bit of fettling to fit but nothing too onerous.
For the rear I used a pair off a Yameringha dirt bike but can't recall which one. I do seem to think that they were a strait swap.

You can just about see 'em if you zoom in onto the pic.

picture.php

You can adapt many different pegs. We have a few types available and also sell all the Kuryakyn pegs which have a number of different designs available. Adapting some of the other pegs might be very simple or might require some washers/bushings to work properly.

Given that the header specifically lists the Max it would be reasonable that they would.
If they didn't then you should expect a full refund.

However, if you go down to the dropdown box and put the V Max details in then it states 'This part is not compatible with 1999 Yamaha VMax VMX1200'. At the very least I would hope you would contact the vendor and point out the error in the header.

I would look elsewhere for an alternative.

Looks similar to ones we have used. You have to sand the thickness down of the rear peg mounting area so it will all go together and flip up and down. On the front I think you need to trim some off the center bushing of your old peg, and maybe ream the pivot pin holes? Can't remember for sure though lol. One thing is for sure and that it is NOT a direct bolt on (one brand of front is at least very close but can't remember if these are).

From here.

Mine are just the outer part, not the full Ram-air system. You would need to contact Rick Bachmann for availability and prices.

They come unpainted and I organised the carbon aqua-dip and sign writing.
The grill are made from the base of a baked bean can and Teflon coated sieve....fly still stick to them though.

Has anyone tried the Wild Hair lowered pegs? I've emailed then trying to order, but they never replied.

Back