forktubes.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_in_IN

Reaction score
I have read that some slide the tubes UP a bit (not over one inch)... anyone done this and how did it effect the handling/ride.

It's a convenient way to see how you like it. I'd do it internally as a permanent solution. Try 1/2", then 1" and go for a nice long ride. I think you'll like the handling improvement. This is only practical on later Gen 1 Max's.

I guess I should rephrase my question: what is this supposed to improve with the handling? responsivness? brakeing? ect ect?

It makes the front steering respond quicker. I did mine last year, about 3/4 of an inch, and really liked it.

Ya it's a great first baby step to a completely reworked, envy generating, divorce inspiring ride! I and the monkey approve!

It's a convenient way to see how you like it. I'd do it internally as a permanent solution. Try 1/2", then 1" and go for a nice long ride. I think you'll like the handling improvement. This is only practical on later Gen 1 Max's.

I'm no suspension expert but I think raising the tubes in the tree is actually truer to the intended geometry than internally lowering it. So it would actually be a better long term fix than lowering internally.

That said, it looks like butt IMO so I lowered internally :rofl_200:

I didn't notice a huge difference in steering response but I'm only down 1/2" and I swapped the stock suspension for racetech springs and emulators at the same time. I was possibly too busy focusing on the suspension changes to notice any difference in steering input, and now I'm far too acclimated to the ride to compare to my memories of stock steering.

Back