1st Gen V-Max French Vmax greet you...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kashubelua

Reaction score
VMax Year
Hi there,
After few years with a 90 that i restaured, i went on a 96 that i restaured too with a complete dismantling to make it properly.
Frame swingarm engine calipers painted and every little parts. All welding slag and roughness smoothed first, everywhere. DVC parts only needed light polishing.
Then long alloy work to remove corrosion, all smoothed and polished no varnish. Didn't exactly put it back to stock, rear light is a double round bulb that look nice, also modified RR system and re routing of some cable to hide theme more.
Along time she suffered from few mechanics problems, classic regulator failure, starter clutch, water pump mechanical joint, clutch leak... no major things.

The 90

vmax_111.jpg

96 freshly aquired....

img_3810.jpg

Pretty proud of my boner bike now

IMG_3562.jpg

An RR from Aprilia
IMG_3535.jpg

Front routing, ugly hose springs thrown away
IMG_3537.jpg

This is representative of the whole finish aspect
IMG_3538.jpg

Some people who don't know this bike think it's brand new, still a great nice bike, timeless.

Hi,
The 90 is gone in another happy hands, i didn't kept it because i have another oldschool bike1150 suzuki, a familly bike that i'll keep forever, and for some reasons i needed to separate from one, no luck for Vmax... and for me ;-)

Last edited:
Hi,
The 90 is gone in another happy hands, i didn't kept it because i have another oldschool bike1150 suzuki, a familly bike that i'll keep forever, and for some reasons i needed to separate from one, no luck for Vmax... and for me ;-)
Oh, I see, that was a wise decision I suppose. Thank you and please keep us in the loop?

I know that was the right decision, didn't got regrets, but karma kicked in and i must confess that i just separate from this 96 too (in fact a 95 lately registered in 96), same reason, and this time i cried, because the story is that this one is the same as the one my father got back in time (a 1993), he used to brought me to driving lessons on it in an on/off rodeo style that gave me my first vmax boners, this memories suddenly rushed back in my mind just when new owner left with it, same scene when his 93 gone more than two decades ago, i feel a bit sad, confused.

Could sound like a big mistake and i ask myself so. But it's not over, my mind is in a vmax loop, got a project for the next.

Also the 1150 comfort me, to be honest i'm more attached to it as it was his bike and rather cut my arm than separate from.

Nice, ive got a house near Mayenne when I'm not in uk. 6,700kn in France last summer on my max combination

Could sound like a big mistake and i ask myself so. But it's not over, my mind is in a vmax loop, got a project for the next.

Also the 1150 comfort me, to be honest i'm more attached to it as it was his bike and rather cut my arm than separate from.
You're right, you still have a great bike that's dear to you. Please update us on your next project?

You're right, you still have a great bike that's dear to you. Please update us on your next project?
Would be engine and frame based only, i already got nearly all parts to fit around. That's a thing that built up in my mind since a while but wonder if i ll ever got time enough in this life, this would be a long work.... and first i need to finish the 1150 transformation and then a complete restauration of a rusted 1971 CB500 carcass that i funded completely forgotten in a farm, shouldn't had see the pity thing making me an agonizing blink, it hurt my heart.

Would be engine and frame based only, i already got nearly all parts to fit around. That's a thing that built up in my mind since a while but wonder if i ll ever got time enough in this life, this would be a long work.... and first i need to finish the 1150 transformation and then a complete restauration of a rusted 1971 CB500 carcass that i funded completely forgotten in a farm, shouldn't had see the pity thing making me an agonizing blink, it hurt my heart.
That's great, seems like it's not far from happening. I understand there's still a lot on your plate right now that you want to address first.
I love to see transformations/restorations, can you show your work when they're completed?
Thanks for responding.

That's great, seems like it's not far from happening. I understand there's still a lot on your plate right now that you want to address first.
I love to see transformations/restorations, can you show your work when they're completed?
Thanks for responding.

Sure... will be a pleasure to do so, i guess we will have to project ourselves in years 😅

Of course there is no comparison with a Vmax at all, and not even with the stock, but right now here's where I'm at... and a bit stuck for lack of time

IMG_7185.jpg
IMG_7188.jpg

Off to France for 10 days from Sunday, it'll be fun taking the max combination on the wrong side of the roads again 😉🤣🤣

GS1100 4-valve and the 1150 E and ES were the bikes back in the day, early '80's, and they still are a favorite engine for the strip. I bet those bars move downwards by the time that's done.

Here are some pics of saving a GS1100 case done at my friend's shop recently, and other GS1100 fabrication work. The two-wheeled axle is for a GS1100-powered offroader. The case to the right is a Hyabusa undergoing extensive modification.

Suzuki GS1100 case repair clutch basket broke.02.jpgSuzuki GS1100 case repair clutch basket broke.01.pngGS1100-offroad 4 wheeler swingarm lengthened-Hyabusa case.png

Hi,
i had heard about this, seems solid case and large crank shaft allow big bored cylinders. Got a spare engine in stock that was destined for strip, but the guy forgetted about his project and gave it to me.
Not sure to get you about "I bet those bars move downwards by the time that's done." maybe langage subtlety that i m not able to understand.
I don't know if they share the same case but never saw such issue, was it resulting from a broken part in the clutch?
interesting work

Back