Front brake jerky/sticky

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

car761

Reaction score
My front brake lever is very jerky. it pulls a little way, sticks, i apply a little more pressure and it gets past that point, sticks again, pull harder, etc. if i pull the lever repeatedly (at a stop), it smooths out but only for that time. the next time i use it to apply the brake, it's jerky again. any ideas? thanks.

bill

may need to clean the master cylinder and or caliper bores. Got another friends bike here that has done that for years and he just got used to it.

Sean

Also check the little pivot bushing that serves as the hinge point on the lever. I had a similar problem and found a worn brass(?) bushing there. You can replace them cheaply or lube them with grease if necessary.

Also check the little pivot bushing that serves as the hinge point on the lever. I had a similar problem and found a worn brass(?) bushing there. You can replace them cheaply or lube them with grease if necessary.

You are rapidly approaching guru status, given the rebuild project you've been going through. Awesome.

Back