fuel pump and relay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiver44

Reaction score
hi does anyone know a reasonable replacement for these items I think the relay has died and the pump definitely has to lol also does anyone know how much difference in the relays there are as I've been offered a few but with different markings on

Are you referring to the starter relay? I grabbed a 3rd party replacement for <$20 shipped on eBay. I've done 2k miles since the change without issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

If its the fuel pump, I put one on from Oreillys and it works great, its the one for 4 cylinder engines. It hangs on the wall with all the hotrod stuff.

Bumper, is yours a 5/16" inlet and output Mr. Gasket pump?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

They have them hanging on the wall with the performance stuff. There are three of them with different color packaging. The green one is for diesel. Out of the other two one is for v8 and six cylinders carbs and the third is for 4 cylinder carbs. I believe it was a Mr. gasket. I comes with three different size ends that you screw into the end of the pump so I used the same size hose. If they don't have it with the pump anymore they have different sizes hanging on the turn style and some more adapters in the back. If you get it from Oreilly's they a plastic hose in the back that is a yellow green color. That is good stuff don't use the clear that they have out front. The stuff in the back is better than the rubber hose in my opinion. I used to work at and manage a Oreilly store. The pump has been on the bike for two years without a hiccup. I made a little plate from a aluminum piece of stock that you can buy at hardware stores so I could bolt it up where the old pump was. It was pretty easy to mount. If it ever quit I would go get another one I like how it works.

That's the one I got, but it didn't have inlet/outlet options. I'll have to go look at OReilly to see if the packaging changed.

If you look at it you should be able to unscrew the adapter that is threaded in the pump at each end. Just change to the size you need. They have different sizes in the store. tell them what you need and have them loafers to give you a hand. We had a few tools in the store to help the customer out for such things they should be able to change them for you right in the store. I had some extras left over from a boat primer bulb that you could change the end on and I used them. I am sure they can be changed.

I went out and popped the faux cover off so I could see the end of the pump going to the carbs. It has a threaded end to change fittings. inlet is fixed but the outlet can be changed. I just pulled the hose over the inlet. If that doesn't work take it back and have them get you the micro. You can change both end on that one. Mine didn't come with the filter it had a couple of different thread in adapters. If it has that Ford filter don't use it they are junk. Just tiny inside not much filter.

Mine has a replaceable outlet with fixed inlet, I think. I'll go by there and check later.

that fuel pump has a permanently installed 5/16" outlet. the filter inlet could be changed, but not the other side as far as I could tell. I'm still probably gonna use them, though. I'll just get an extra hose clamp.

Back