fuel pump output rate

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxjim

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, recently came across a smokin' deal with a few glitches...89 chain drive long rod 1428 with 39 fcr keihins from pcw...been quite a while since I have played around with a carb'ed bike. Bike fuel pump does work, but only momentarily, and carbs dont really seem to supply much fuel. New fuel filters in place. Bike does pop right off with a little gas down the throats, but kinda hard to ride that way...if pump IS shot, is there automotive pump w/regulator to use? Thanks Jim

Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck... I'm not sure what you need for a fuel pump on that set up...

I believe some type of regulator is built in otherwise you would push too much fuel to carbs...not aware of a bypass setup with stock pump...pump works, just doesnt seem to put too much out...but only need bowls filled so. Bike did sit for a while. Anyone know who rebuilds fcr's? I was into 'maxes for a long time then got out of them(ask Sean) only to come across this bike with cams, headwork, arm, carillo rods, chain drive....for $1500 bucks...Guy bought it from a friend and already has a 1500 and this was tying up garage space...

I guess I should clarify...I am curious how long/often does the pump run without restriction? Meaning, a line from pump to a container should have the pump running constantly, correct?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back