Fun GUN topic!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Hey Americans (and Canadians too of course)

I am looking at adding to my collection of firearms...

Feel free to offer your opinions based on the listed guns only please :)

1.) Glock 35 tactical (40cal S&W) / Glock 21 (45acp)

**I have easier access to 40 cal much cheaper, but still like the 45**

2.) Tactical shotgun: Mossberg 500, Mossberg 590, Winchester Defender 1300

**There are so many variations of the Mossberg 500 I haven't decided which I'd want**

3.) Bushmaster XM15-E2S - this ones not going to happen... they want 2000 dollars for a USED one... but so nice!

I used to be a dealer, not for about 15 years, but i was a dealer. Sold more Mossberg 500's tahn anything, great gun for the money> I also owned one, beat it regularly with magnum buckshot just for fun and it was never an issue.
Winchesters re very nice too. Most of my old hunting buddies had winchesters.
Either one will be great guns. Winchesters hold their value a little better. Mossbergs have a ton of accessories for them.
Owned a Glock since 1989. No other gun compares. Put 3500 rounds though it in 2 months, developed a burr on the feed ramp, send it back to Glock in Smyrna GA and they polished it, gave me 2 new mags, new guide rod, new spring, said sorry and didn't charge me a penny.
Bushmasters have mixed reviews, but nothing that would keep me from buying one, i would buy a Bushmaster before a Colt. BTW if you come across the bridge, you'll find our prices are a lot more reasonable, not sure on the laws thou

I was wondering about the prices in the states - but it's the whole bringing a gun back across that scares the shiz out of me.

I am licensed for most hand guns (those not prohibited by law) and restricted rifles. I think I might look into border rules...

What glock do you own? I am also thinking about glock 22 (not listed)

I used to be a dealer, not for about 15 years, but i was a dealer. Sold more Mossberg 500's tahn anything, great gun for the money> I also owned one, beat it regularly with magnum buckshot just for fun and it was never an issue.
Winchesters re very nice too. Most of my old hunting buddies had winchesters.
Either one will be great guns. Winchesters hold their value a little better. Mossbergs have a ton of accessories for them.
Owned a Glock since 1989. No other gun compares. Put 3500 rounds though it in 2 months, developed a burr on the feed ramp, send it back to Glock in Smyrna GA and they polished it, gave me 2 new mags, new guide rod, new spring, said sorry and didn't charge me a penny.
Bushmasters have mixed reviews, but nothing that would keep me from buying one, i would buy a Bushmaster before a Colt. BTW if you come across the bridge, you'll find our prices are a lot more reasonable, not sure on the laws thou

+1 for semi-auto handguns any caliber Glock is hard to beat.......for pump shotguns Mossbergs are GREAT........personally I have Remington 870s 'cause that's what I got the deals on......:eusa_dance:

The New York State Police have Glocks in .45 GAP.......the model # escapes me.....but they ALL love them!!!

As for transport across the border......GOOD LUCK!!!!!:rofl_200:

Damn it! I have so many opinions on hand guns and shot guns, just not the listed.:bang head: So I will just read lol :th_favorites24:

Damn it! I have so many opinions on hand guns and shot guns, just not the listed.:bang head: So I will just read lol :th_favorites24:

You have no opinions on Glocks or Mossbergs?!?!?

How is that even possible:confused2:

I have a 17, I think, they are going for $525, no %100 sure. I have a store 10 minutes from me, If I'm bored tomorrow (chances are pretty good of that ) I'll stop in.

Winchester Defender 1300 12 gauge this is an excellent gun I have had mine for 10 plus years I have not had on problem with fit form or function. I use mine for deer hunting / woodchucks as I like a smoothbore berrel using 3 inch mags . Good aftermarket products too stocks, fore-arms, scope mounts ect.. :punk:
As far as pistols I am a fan of .45 ACP 1911 kimber models glocks are fine but after doing lots of shooting I would take a kimber over any other pistol period.:punk:
This is what I use see pics. I dont claim to be an expert but 30 years of shooting counts for something I suppose .:hmmm:

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 21
  • large_super_match_II.jpg
    large_super_match_II.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 16
The Mossberg 500, that things like the pocket knife of guns. It does everything. Its my home defense gun with a light bird shot. If someones comes in my house he'll be close enough to stop him right there without going threw the walls and hitting my kids or neighbors. Then I just switch the barrels, stock and start throwing clays.

Been thinking of a Glock for a yr or so now. It will be one of the next two.

Woodsman, Ive had a Kimber 1911 for a few yrs now. Love that thing. Also have an old AMC Hardballer 1911 that was my Dads.

Is it thread hijacking to ask if anyone knows anything about the S&W 500? Or any of the other 50cal. revolvers?

The Mossberg 500, that things like the pocket knife of guns. It does everything. Its my home defense gun with a light bird shot. If someones comes in my house he'll be close enough to stop him right there without going threw the walls and hitting my kids or neighbors. Then I just switch the barrels, stock and start throwing clays.

Been thinking of a Glock for a yr or so now. It will be one of the next two.

Is it thread hijacking to ask if anyone knows anything about the S&W 500? Or any of the other 50cal. revolvers?

The S&W is a fine model just a note they have a large recoil make sure you use both hands till you get use to shooting it. Also shells get expensive if you spend the coin for one spend a coupe more for a reloader if you can ride a vmax you can use a reloader no problem.:clapping:

I would go with the Mossberg 500 - proven track record & tons of accessories. I shot numerous rounds thru my buddies Glock .40 - It digested everything no matter what ammo was stacked in the mag. I hear some people bitch that Glocks are ugly, but to me any gun that reliable is a beautiful gun.And .40 is a great caliber. As far as a Bushmaster - when I hit the lotto I'll try one out LOL ! Just bought a new rifle myself, but that's for another thread...:biglaugh:

Glock 22 , 40 cal. w/ night sights , 15 round clip , bought for $ 350 used fron a dealer as part of a trade in from the Cobb county p.d. ( Smyrna, their home, is in Cobb county ) , among others.

:punk:

His question was based on specific guns that I do not have is all. I have the brands, just not the models.:th_biggun:

Gotcha.......your experience with other calibers and variants would be useful and welcome I am sure........:eusa_dance:

I have two Mossberg 500's with Knoxx Sidewinder kits installed. Dependable, inexpensive guns with a lot of aftermarket goodies available. I also have a tactical 1300 setup.

The 1300 has a smoother action and is known for being one of the fastest pumps made. They're harder to find as Winchester isn't really a company anymore and stopped making the 1300. I believe FN owns most of what was once Winchester. New ones are still around but the aftermarket stuff is drying up. Makes it harder to "hotrod" and what's the point of a pump if you can't mess with it?

No opinion on the Blocks, er, I mean Glocks. They just don't fit my hand.

I'm a little old fashioned but am a big fan of the Browning HP 9mm, favor the one built in Portugal then Belgium. Reliable to the max. 15 round clips available and add grip length. Shot thousands of reloads without ever a jam. Similar to the 1911, which I also like. Both Browning masterpieces.
Steve-o

I carried a glock 23 (.40S&W) in my boot and my sidearm was a 21 (.45acp)
Both have a built in laser as well as trijicon night sites. I've put thousands of rounds through them both. I love them, Both of them are also my personal weapons. As for shotgun, I have a Rem 870 with a pistol grip, side saddle shell holder, flashlight on the grip and a 20" vang comp barrel and an extention for more shells. Also my personal weapon that was carried it on duty, in the car, as well.

here is some older pic of them. I temporarily added a red-dot to the mod 21 for competition shoots and briefly had an external laser on the mod 23 before I put in the internal laser.

Also a gun thread thats pretty cool.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=6479&highlight=guns

Attachments

• Glock21.jpg
    Glock21.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Glock23.jpg
    Glock23.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Rifles.jpg
    Rifles.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 18
I have the second vote for the Remington 870. I have used my quite well, and still work as good as the day that she was new.

Mossberg for the shotgun. they are great guns.Ive used em bird hunting. The pistol is wide open. My buddy has a nice Springfield Armory 40 cal. with a laser/flashlight on it. nice gun. Really built well. Glocks are great too. I had a Ruger P90 45 that was acurate as hell. big grip but i got short fingers and it fit well. solid shooter never jammed. Id buy higher end Springfield, Glock, etc... you get what you pay for in pistols. in my opinion. which is drunk right now so.....

Back