• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Gen 1 valve spring seats

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barber1303

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have a spare set (8) of valve spring seats? I some how managed to lose a set from my ‘85 restore project. Only thing I can think of is that I must have missed removing them from the head prior to having the paint stripped. They’re probably sitting at the bottom of a chemical tank somewhere. Thanks!

Anyone happen to have a spare set (8) of valve spring seats? I some how managed to lose a set from my ‘85 restore project. Only thing I can think of is that I must have missed removing them from the head prior to having the paint stripped. They’re probably sitting at the bottom of a chemical tank somewhere. Thanks!
You looking for the bucket the shim sits in ?

The valve springs seats keep the springs from wearing into the aluminum of the pocket. #3 in the diagram.

1699196426308.png

I've probably got a few heads I could steal from some? Especially if the Venture ones are the same (which likely they are).

Super appreciate it, but I should update this thread. I just opted to buy a whole head assembly from ebay. Its coming with a set of shims that might come in handy and that plastic coolant tube that fits in the middle…no idea what condition that part is in, but one of my originals isn’t in the best of shape. I’ve had this engine apart in my workshop for the past 3 years as I put off doing the powder coat work, but now thats done so I’m sure I’ll find more misplaced parts as I continue the reassembly process. Thanks for reaching out.

Back