Gen 2 Aftermarket Mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These could fit the bill. Most probably there are larger ones if need be.

today my new black mirrors from RIZOMA arrived. To view I have built one on the left side, clutch hand. I think the mirrors are impressive, they let the original character of the vmax appear unchanged and look as if they belonged to it. different the mirrors on the right side from motogadget, these fit better to a classic bike, or bobbe. Carsten

Attachments

• 2A65A1C4-0FB6-40DD-AFC3-7EF580C7133B.jpeg
    2A65A1C4-0FB6-40DD-AFC3-7EF580C7133B.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 60538107-167A-4F96-A9C8-C3EB870A45A2.jpeg
    60538107-167A-4F96-A9C8-C3EB870A45A2.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 15
  • D33F70EA-7728-4973-8ABA-73EF37CAA5A7.jpeg
    D33F70EA-7728-4973-8ABA-73EF37CAA5A7.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 259F965C-7520-4ED1-A720-7FDC7DC23D62.jpeg
    259F965C-7520-4ED1-A720-7FDC7DC23D62.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 13
today my new black mirrors from RIZOMA arrived. To view I have built one on the left side, clutch hand. I think the mirrors are impressive, they let the original character of the vmax appear unchanged and look as if they belonged to it. different the mirrors on the right side from motogadget, these fit better to a classic bike, or bobbe. Carsten

The mirror glass is slightly bluish and offers excellent rear view! 🤩

I have CRG bar end mirrors and those are very high quality mirrors, best what I have had ever. Convex = wide visibility, never had blurred image on any speed and can be rebuild if glass gets broken or needs new rubber seal behind glass. Sold only in States? I’m thinking to get pair as spare while they are available.

I have the Rizoma bar end mirrors and really like that black anodized texture. The mirrors have a slight blue tint.

1656545822460.png

I have CRG bar end mirrors and those are very high quality mirrors, best what I have had ever. Convex = wide visibility, never had blurred image on any speed and can be rebuild if glass gets broken or needs new rubber seal behind glass. Sold only in States? I’m thinking to get pair as spare while they are available.
Absolutely hate my crg mirrors. Things right on my tail look like 250 feet behind. Can't judge lane changes or see very far back very dangerous imo.

Have to show you guys this, my black CRG mirrors have faded to ”Vmax bronze” or very close. I had these off when I was installing grips and undersides are still black, kinda cool eh? 😄
Can’t say how long this takes as these were installed by po. Bike is -13.

185511D6-D310-405E-811B-83054BAB0A84.jpeg
1FDED781-19A8-4EBC-8045-9D5537A129D0.jpeg
F49FA79D-1290-48A3-966E-9D29BA4963BD.jpeg

Jerry,

Which Garmin did you install? I just got a Zumo. Not installed yet. I am also adding a Amplink

https://www.rowe-electronics.com/amplink
It is not here yet.

D Larson,
Jerry did not post anything about a Garmin in this thread, although he did post he was running a Garman Zumo 590LM back on January 9, 2022 in a thread titled "Looking For A New GPS".

I had a picture of my Rizoma bar end mirrors that included my Garmin Nuvi 50LM, so I'm guessing you were asking me since you replied with a quote of my post?

The Nuvi 50LM is a fairly simple Garmin, but very readable and has the largest display of my GPS units. I only use is as a speedometer/trip meter since the factory VMAX speedo is 5 to 6 miles off depending on speed. It has lifetime maps, SD Card, and only cost $20 off Craigslist.

Garmin Nuvi 50LM

I use a Garmin Drivesmart 71 as GPS. Does not rain very often here in Phoenix, so rain shouldn't be an issue.
Mount is a RAM Grip with modified 'Rubbers'.
I've also created a mount for the RAM Mounts which I put onto the Handlebar Holder (can post pictures).

3D printed, but even it would fall off / break, no impact to the handlebar etc.

Have also my phone mounted via Rokmount and added two power sockets (one with USB-C and USB, the other one for plugs with cigarette lighter plug (reason is the garmin, couldn't find any cable which does not make the garmin going into USB Connection Mode, but had to do something 3D printed as well)).

Amplink: I have the previous one, the PDM60 ... was a good choice. Would also go for the AMPlink now, but I don't see much advantage in upgrading, besides the waaaaaaant :D

Last edited:
D Larson,
Jerry did not post anything about a Garmin in this thread, although he did post he was running a Garman Zumo 590LM back on January 9, 2022 in a thread titled "Looking For A New GPS".

I had a picture of my Rizoma bar end mirrors that included my Garmin Nuvi 50LM, so I'm guessing you were asking me since you replied with a quote of my post?

The Nuvi 50LM is a fairly simple Garmin, but very readable and has the largest display of my GPS units. I only use is as a speedometer/trip meter since the factory VMAX speedo is 5 to 6 miles off depending on speed. It has lifetime maps, SD Card, and only cost $20 off Craigslist.

Garmin Nuvi 50LM
Z,

My fault for moving too fast. I had not thought about the speedo issue. It will be interesting to see the difference between the two.

Back