Gen 2 air filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
Why many of companies like sprint air filters didn’t have race filter for the gen2, I Have k and n but i’m not very happy with it .

I would stop using K&N crap. It's a known fact that it will still pass fine particulates. I was using KN for more than 20 years until I saw first hand what it was doing to my power sports. I could clearly see dirt trails passing right through the filter into the stacks. Changed to another brand and it completely stopped. Never again will I use K&N on ANYTHING I own.

I use DNA for my motorcycles. AFe for my cars/trucks. Spend the extra money for your VMAX and order a DNA. I have dyno sheets to prove they flow the EXACT same as NO air filter at all.

Here:

https://www.dnafilters.com/us/produ...9-01/Yamaha-V-Max-1700-(09-16)-DNA-Air-Filter

I would stop using K&N crap. It's a known fact that it will still pass fine particulates. I was using KN for more than 20 years until I saw first hand what it was doing to my power sports. I could clearly see dirt trails passing right through the filter into the stacks. Changed to another brand and it completely stopped. Never again will I use K&N on ANYTHING I own.

I use DNA for my motorcycles. AFe for my cars/trucks. Spend the extra money for your VMAX and order a DNA. I have dyno sheets to prove they flow the EXACT same as NO air filter at all.

looks just like a K&N filter, where is the difference? Material difference? Oil difference?

Here:

https://www.dnafilters.com/us/produ...9-01/Yamaha-V-Max-1700-(09-16)-DNA-Air-Filter

More layers of filter material. Better seal. DNA air dyno's and provides proof of its better flow and filtering capability. I ran mine on the dyno last year just to see for myself. The gains are not stellar but they are noticeable. I ran a NEW, unused KN. Then I ran with No filter. It gained 1.5HP. Again, not much but it does show better performance.

THEN, I re-installed the DNA. We ran it multiple times. It went up a consistent .5HP OVER no filter. Why? Probably straightened out flow a touch.

I have bought the DNA for past bikes like the KTM 1290SAS, Versys 1000, Concours 1400. I will never again use anything else....for bikes....

Here:

Never oiled your filters. After years of racing dirt track just a little bit goes a long way and never had dirt trails. I’d rather go, Id rather go sparse with oil than a more restrictive airfilter.

More layers of filter material. Better seal. DNA air dyno's and provides proof of its better flow and filtering capability. I ran mine on the dyno last year just to see for myself. The gains are not stellar but they are noticeable. I ran a NEW, unused KN. Then I ran with No filter. It gained 1.5HP. Again, not much but it does show better performance.

THEN, I re-installed the DNA. We ran it multiple times. It went up a consistent .5HP OVER no filter. Why? Probably straightened out flow a touch.

I have bought the DNA for past bikes like the KTM 1290SAS, Versys 1000, Concours 1400. I will never again use anything else....for bikes....
There is different types of DNA air filters, did you have the gain of hp with stage 2 and 3 air filters or the regular one ? Because there is only the regular one for the gen2 vmax, maybe it will not give this gain of hp like the stage 2 and 3 one.

Latest posts

Back