Good Looking Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MNFatz said:
Funny. That's about what Russell Mitchell (the Exile Choppers guy) said about the American bike scene. He basically said the bikes are all pimped out; all form, no function. Ridiculous paintjobs and pointless chrome on everything.

Personally I hope Yamaha buids a 6 cylinder touring bike and lets that lead to the next vmax. There has to be something innovative about the induction system though. I'm thinking a clutched supercharger like some of the Mercedes are using would do the trick. Virtual power curves would be nice. All out or just cruising.
You've got a good point there. I was also thinking of a way to have your cake and eat it too. Don't think there is a need to go to a 6 cyl., but a supercharger or turbo wouldn't be a bad idea for some on here but I doubt they will go that way. Not everybody wants THAT kind of boost and they are not going to take orders like BK and have it your way. To run some type of pressurized induction that will make a big enough difference, the compression would have to be lowered. They will do OK with the new V4 with bigger displacement, higher compression, less weight, new variable valve timing, injection system and ram air induction from the scoops. The ram air won't bring much, but at least they have a function.

Back