Got in a wreck today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, without calling me, or anything, The lady's insurance company just sent me a check for the exact amount of the quoted damage. That seems kinda stupid, if you ask me! Shouldn't they just have the shop fix the damn thing, and pay them? It is in fact an "estimate", which does not determine the actual cost of the repair. WTF? Either way, I guess this means that they want to fix it, which makes me happy!

Take the money and run! You can do most of the work yourself and even use some of it for upgrades.

Sean Morley

I'm just having them fix it. It's being done by a Yamaha dealer. Hopefully they know what the hell they're doing. I know how to work on cars, but not too experienced with bikes. So I don't feel like doing it myself. I have to finish the engine rebuild on my car, so throwing another project in the works would screw my life over. I'm just happy they're fixing it. They're also fixing a few little problems that exsisted before the accident.

Well, I got it back yesterday. Rode it to work. After work, I dropped it right off again. Front wheel's bent, though you can't really tell unless it the wheel's spinning, so it's understandable. Front turn signal wiring is swapped (HOW?), radiator shield still has a dent in it, and some wiring is misrouted.

Remove the headlight, the dealer probably switched the signal wires accidently. The wiring is located behind the headlamp in the bucket.

Zewerr said:
If they decide to fix it, and they miss some stuff that was damaged, it shouldn't be a biggie. I'll notice it all before I pick the bike up.

Usually the shop will continually work with the insurance company to get "add-ons" for discovered items......
If they have any relationship with insurance companies..it's the one advantage of using an insurance approved shop....

If they would have included a new front wheel in the original quote, they probably would have totalled it. I guess it was a good thing.

good point I think, once they start repair work they usually will allow the $$$$$ to go higher than what the limit would have been in order to total in the first place....

Back