Handle Bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Alright, been a little bit sense I last posted but I was wondering if anyone has any exprence/stories/photos of an idea I have.

Right now I have the SuperBike handlebars from Morely and they look good. I was messing around with them and turned them down some to have more of a sportster/cafe racer look... and it looks dead sexy. It really does, or at least will if when I can get the damn bike painted.

Anyhow after turning the handlebars I was backing it up and turned my handlebars hard... I found out exactly how low they where after seeing the big scratch on my fuax tank. So I love the look, but the stearing is shit. Great when I am driving, but cant manuver at all when just pushing the bike around or sharp uturns.

So, back to my first sentence, does anyone have any exprence/stories/photos of sports bike handle bars on the vmax? i.e. connected to the front tubes. Further up front and lowerish. Because I love the look, but I also love to turn, and I am hoping this works.

Any help would be great.

THANKS!

Alright, been a little bit sense I last posted but I was wondering if anyone has any exprence/stories/photos of an idea I have.

Right now I have the SuperBike handlebars from Morely and they look good. I was messing around with them and turned them down some to have more of a sportster/cafe racer look... and it looks dead sexy. It really does, or at least will if when I can get the damn bike painted.

Anyhow after turning the handlebars I was backing it up and turned my handlebars hard... I found out exactly how low they where after seeing the big scratch on my fuax tank. So I love the look, but the stearing is shit. Great when I am driving, but cant manuver at all when just pushing the bike around or sharp uturns.

So, back to my first sentence, does anyone have any exprence/stories/photos of sports bike handle bars on the vmax? i.e. connected to the front tubes. Further up front and lowerish. Because I love the look, but I also love to turn, and I am hoping this works.

Any help would be great.

THANKS!

He put clip-on's on his max. http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17025&highlight=clip-on+handlebars

I think Sean as put them on customer's bikes too.

You can deff put clipons on the bike, you will have to pretty much mount them almost at a straight line across, kind of like drag bars, in order for them not to hit the top of the faux cover. Shouldn't be too difficult once you find the right size for your forks.

Mr. Note -
I found with my particular setup (re-shaped higher, wider faux tank, custom handlebars) that the switch housings would touch the tank with the bars turned fully. I adjusted the bars and the switches to give as much clearance as possible, but they would still contact the tank. So I drilled and tapped the stop dogs on the lower tree, and put in machine bolts (I think #8-32tpi). These did the trick, by limiting the travel, and are adjustable if clearances are changed with adjustments to the bars. I haven't noticed the little amount of decreased travel to be detrimental to low-speed maneuvering of the bike.
Just a suggestion, very easy to do.
Cheers!

Back