Harley axes Buell!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad, Buell, or Aprilla could have taken HD out of the fifties. But the majority of knuckle heads that ride HD want a fifties bike I guess. Must suck to have a 20 year old "jap piece of shit" (they call a max) with much less displacement, pass you like your going backwards!

Surprise....H-D want's to "focus" on just the Harley-Davidson brand bikes, and dump any notion they can produce a performance-oriented, refined motorcycle. Nope. Nothing but loud, rattletrap machines straight out of the sixties, which is what all the Hardly riders want. An expensive way to convert money into noise.

Though I can't really say Buell was really going anywhere....the "championship title" the article mentions refers to the 1125 winning in the 600 class....Go Harley, you manage to win with nearly a 100% handicap. Not to mention the Buell branded bikes were nearly as stagnant as H-D branded ones....same exact bike, year after year, except some Buell owners actually wanted changes and improvements to be made. No dual front discs. Still had that retarded looking muffler, ect. I swear H-D would fold if they had to intoduce new models at least every couple years, and significant updates to existing bikes every year. You know, like every other bike and automobile company on the planet. Particularly when H-D bikes are those with the most need for updates.

Back