Harley new model to boost sales is a scrambler!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you read that correctly, the newest Harley-Davidson is a bike sure to bring many new owners into the fold. Turning their back on the aging Baby Boomer cruiser-purchasing cohort, H-D has released a stylish scrambler which reportedly will sell for less than $6,500.

Given that many of their Baby Boomer current purchasers probably began riding on a scrambler, they may find that plenty of their current customers may want to re-live their youth by purchasing one of these.

A counter-balanced engine of 500 cc displacement and a curb weight of 375 lbs should allow the 500 scrambler to keep-up with traffic with comfort.

Dealers are desperate to recapture sales, as the latest quarterly report shows Harley-Davidson revenues are significantly lower, and the crisis is reflected in a steep dive in the price of shares of Harley-Davidson on the stock market. When the customers see these scramblers in the flesh, we're betting that they sell quickly, just what Harley needs.

-Motorcycle Sales Report News

Attachments

• H-D scrambler 2018.doc
    77 KB · Views: 51
They did promise 50 new models in 5 years. I sort of figured anything truly forward thinking or intuitive from HD would have to be a hoax.:clapping:

I don't know why they (H-D) don't want to buy Ducati. Seems like a good way to get new riders used to paying $$$ into the showrooms. Biggest thing they would need to do is keep separate dealerships for each. If Polaris buys Ducati that would be good for them too I think. But again separate dealerships.

Kawasaki promised something like 20 new models over the next few years, and that at least half would be supercharged. I have yet to see a huffer on anything in showrooms.

I'm guessing Harley has a sour taste about their cluster-f with MV Agusta, and to a similar extent, Buell. Their entry level Street series carry the H-D badge, which they used to feel the need to shift off onto Buells.

Polaris seems to be buying interest in everything that comes up for sale. Them buying Ducati does not seem out of the question, they're one of the few industry companies with deep enough pockets to make it happen.

Back