Has anyone found a way to get rid of the numb hand syndrone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From everything I've read, it's the ulnar nerve that causes it and it's not so much the vibes as the compression of the Ulnar nerve in your hand. The foam grips would help a ton in conjunction with the barsnake or shot.

[SIZE=+1]Handlebar palsy[/SIZE]
b_15_3_2a.jpg
[SIZE=+1]Ulnar neuropathy, known to cyclists as handlebar palsy, is caused by compression of the ulnar nerve at the hand and wrist (Fig. 1). The ulnar nerve controls sensation in your ring and little finger and controls most of the muscular function of your hand. Compression of the ulnar nerve is a common problem for competitive and recreational cycle enthusiasts, alike. Compression is the result of direct pressure on the ulnar nerve from the grip on the handlebars. Often, the nerve may be stretched or hyperextended (extension beyond its normal limit) when a drop-down handlebar is held in the lower position. The pressure placed on the ulnar nerve results in numbness and tingling in the ring and little fingers or hand weakness, or a combination of both. Symptoms can take from several days to months to resolve, but surgical treatment is rarely necessary. Rest, stretching exercises, and anti-inflammatory medications, such as aspirin, usually help relieve the symptoms. Applying less pressure or weight to the handlebars and avoiding hyperextension can help to prevent a recurrence.[/SIZE]

the bar snake is one of the first thing I got for my bike. It works very well. Expensive? I think it was 30 dollars lol .

hi eaglepi, I get the same right hand going numb problem. have you talked to anyone that has tried this bar snake stuff yet? would like to know if it really works, or if it is just snake oil. gordon

To be honest I have been so busy with family issues I haven't even had a chance to look at my bike never the less try to work on it... sorry

Back