Has anyone found a way to get rid of the numb hand syndrone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Every time I ride my throttle hand gets numb as hell, in the past with my other VMAX"S I always put foam hand grips on but to be honest I can't remember if they helped.......lol getting old and it's been about 5 years since I last owned my last VMAX.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Ron

Every time I ride my throttle hand gets numb as hell, in the past with my other VMAX"S I always put foam hand grips on but to be honest I can't remember if they helped.......lol getting old and it's been about 5 years since I last owned my last VMAX.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Ron

www.barsnake.com Chris hipped me to it, and I've never regretted it.

I think another good way is to use one of them 'cruise control' gadgets - they come in cheap'n'cheerful and ultra-trick expensive guises..

I think another good way is to use one of them 'cruise control' gadgets - they come in cheap'n'cheerful and ultra-trick expensive guises..

I have Vista Cruise but that is only good for long trips, even in town riding my hands get numb.

there is nothing on the site, what is it?

About Bar Snake

The Bar Snake is an innovative American-made device designed to reduce the hand-numbing and wristing-cracking handlebar vibrations of motorcycles, street-bikes, dirt bikes, ATVs, personal-watercraft (jet-skies), snowmobiles, or virtually anything with tubular handlebars.
The Bar Snake is a precisely gauged cylinder composed of a high-tech polymer which, when properly installed inside tubular handlebars, dampens many high frequency vibrations that cause numbing, painful and even dangerous hand and wrist trauma.
For those who remember the Bar Snake and have been dreaming "If only I could find a Bar Snake somewhere...," the dream is now reality. For those who never knew us before, you'll wonder how you rode without a Bar Snake installed.

The Bar Snake is a simple, innovative invention that really works. One might wonder how something so simple can work so well.
Tubular metallic shapes have a natural tendency to conduct and amplify vibration. This principle has been used for millinea to make bells, horns and other musical instruments. Thus, like a bell, the tubular shapes of handlebars transmit and amplify the vibrations from the motor and road to the rider's hands resulting in painful hand and wrist stress and can inflame carpal tunnel syndrome.

In order to visualize how the Bar Snake works, consider a small hard rubber ball of the type many children play with. When the toy ball is dropped, it bounces high. This is because the polymer the toy ball is made of REFLECTS vibration, so when it lands, it reflects back almost all of it's falling energy. By a similar physical process, the metal of a handlebar reflects and passes on vibrational energy to the rider's hands and wrists. The polymer of the Bar Snake, by contrast, ABSORBS vibration. If you were to drop a ball made of Bar Snake's high-tech polymer next to a toy hard rubber ball, the toy ball would bounce high while the Bar Snake ball would soak up it's falling energy and plop with relatively little bounce. A Bar Snake inside a handlebar likewise soaks much of vibrational energy before it gets to the end of the handlebar.

To use geek-speak, The Bar Snake eliminates harmonic resonate frequencies that eminate from cyclic engine vibrations that are transmitted through the vehicle frame to the handlebars. The Bar Snake damps out these resonate vibrations because the polymer of the Bar Snake has a low hysterisis factor, which means that the polymer doesn't transmit vibrations.

The Bar Snake's reduction of handlebar vibrations can benefit all types of riders. Long distance riders have a less exhausting ride. High performance riders, like racers or off-road riders are able to put more energy into the track or trail and less on simply holding on. A smoother operating vehicle results in a more controlled, stress free and safer ride.

The Bar Snake should be especially considered by anyone who suffers from sore wrists, numb hands, or other symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
The Bar Snake is easy to install and comes with easy-to-follow detailed instructions and installation tool.

There are five versions of the Bar Snake currently available:
Bar Snake Model ST-1. Fits most standard steel non high rise bars of 7/8" outside diameter. Most steel bars should be about 23/32" inside diameter and 40" long. $34.95

Bar Snake Model AL-2. Fits most aluminum crossbrace handlebars with 7/8" outside diameter, internal diameter of 9/16 and 40" long. $28.95

Bar Snake Model HD-3 Fits most 1-inch external diameter handlebars (Harley) with 7/8-inch internal handlebar diameter. Excluding ape-hangers/buckhorn/multi-curved bars, etc, and up to 40-inches long. **Special Note to Harley owners:** Check thoroughly for dimples and other obstructions that may be in your handlebars before purchase. $39.95

Bar Snake Model LV-4. Liquid Bar Snake for handle bars with kinks, bends, or wires and cables running through them. The Liquid Bar Snake can be poured into tubular handlebars and sets in four hours. The Liquid Bar Snake can be used in all tubular handlebars, but is especially intended for pro-taper handlebars, multi-curved handlebars, such as buckhorns or ape-hangers, or handlebars which have cables running through them. In short, wherever a standard solid Bar Snake cannot be easily used. Model LV-4 contains enough fluid to fill a 7/8-inch external diameter handlebar up to 40 inches long. $49.95.

Bar Snake Model LV-5. Same as LV-4, but more fluid for 1-inch external diameter handlebar up to 52-inches long. $59.95.

The Bar Snake has a proud and successful history and received many good reviews in it's first production run. Click here to read some of these reviews.
The Bar Snake is sold at the Bar Snake web site. Click here to order a Bar Snake.

the Barsnake is something you use to fill the handlebars - reducing vibrations. It comes in dense foam form, or in liquid form. A lot of people use buckshot or similar for the same results.

Still, if it's only your right hand that goes numb, I still suggest a throttle clutch (mechanical cruise control)

the Barsnake is something you use to fill the handlebars - reducing vibrations. It comes in dense foam form, or in liquid form. A lot of people use buckshot or similar for the same results.

Still, if it's only your right hand that goes numb, I still suggest a throttle clutch (mechanical cruise control)

I don't want something so I can keep my hand off the throttle I want to be able to hold my grips and not have my hands go numb. My throttle hand is about 80% and the left is about 20% so this barsnake might be what I need.. I'll have to read more about it...

Ron

The only thing that works for me is to hang my arms straight down to get the circulation going. For that I need a throttle lock of some sort...Vista Cruise on the '06, Brake-Away on the '99.

My wrists are all dicked up from too many years behind the wheel...you may want to verify something like that isn't going on with your wrists too.

I put Kuryakyn Iso Grips on after my factory grips got harder than hell. I was having problems with my right hand going to sleep with the factory grips, even with a Throttle Rocker. I put the Kuryakyn version of the Throttle Rocker on the Iso Grips and my right hand still goes to sleep. It seems like I can ride through it and the feeling comes back, but it really sucks when you can't feel your right hand! I'm going to put a Vista Cruise on so I don't have to reach over with my left hand to hold the throttle while I shake my right hand. I've been thinking of putting a Bar Snake in, so I'm going to try it too. I guess if you have enough things that help a little bit they'll all add up, right?

Plus, Holy Hell the lady in those videos is an odd one, isn't she?!?

This has been discussed many times before. I have been using lead buckshot and gel grips for years and it works for me. Pretty cheap compared to Bar Snake and I believe somewhat more effective as the shot is heavier, denser and fills the bar cavity more completely.

Barsnake is easily the best fast answer. For those of you on the cheap, you can fill your bars with any granular substance that has some decent mass to absorb vibration (here's a bit of trivia, main support columns on many roller coasters are filled with sand).

I have a barsnake in my max, but I've used birdshot, case cleaning media, and even kitty littter with good results.

EDIT ~ For what its worth, I ride with giant, solid aluminum grips with no padding or rubber whatsoever, and I don't get the tinglies even with those monsters under my paws, so if you have anything approaching normal, a bar snake will certainly do ya.

Back