Headlight assembly and housing swap.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXimum_effort

Reaction score
I'm looking to go after market with my headlight and housing. I need suggestions and options if anyone has it.

Attachments

• 20220407_090636.jpg
    20220407_090636.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 43
The headlight has to go. I don't like the looks of the front of the gen 2 at all mainly that terrible looking headlight. Now from the bars to the back is a badass looking bike!!

Been wrestling with this one myself.
It's amazing how integrated the stock headlight bucket is into the bike. It's got its tentacles in the fork braces, signal stalks, and handlebar clamps. And it's all up in the tach/speedo's business.
I've already got a DRL/LED light and 52mm mount brackets. But I haven't decided on whether to pull that parasitic alien off Maxxx's face or not.
There's a guy in Poland calls himself Doctor Light. He's completely redone Gen2 headlights in at least two versions. I searched the forum but didn't find any references to him.
Reached out to him and he said the conversion takes him a couple weeks and runs around 500 bucks.
Here're links to the two Gen2 versions...

It's mighty steep but I'm probably going to pony up this fall.

This is an impressive mod. I found the website for Dr Light
https://doctorlight.pl/en/homepage/.

Since the housing has to be shipped to them, I might do this when the Winter comes.

It would be great to see one on the bike.
My thoughts too. I offered to pay the difference if he sourced/converted/shipped a Polish light. He said there were none to be found.
Told me he's done 4 US lights but didn't say what models. Sure be nice if one of his VMax customers was an active forum member.

It's amazing how integrated the stock headlight bucket is into the bike. It's got its tentacles in the fork braces, signal stalks, and handlebar clamps. And it's all up in the tach/speedo's business.
I've already got a DRL/LED light and 52mm mount brackets. But I haven't decided on whether to pull that parasitic alien off Maxxx's face or not.
There's a guy in Poland calls himself Doctor Light. He's completely redone Gen2 headlights in at least two versions. I searched the forum but didn't find any references to him.
Reached out to him and he said the conversion takes him a couple weeks and runs around 500 bucks.

Hey did you do the upgrade in the end?
Did the high beam require an additional switch?

For the time being, I installed an H4 LED bulb from Custom LED. Also replaced the little park light above with a 194 LED.
Although everything is working fine I should add that I also swapped the signals for LEDs and changed the flasher relay at the same time. The relay also came from Custom LED.
I just bought a nos LSK 6 gal tank from another member so that kicked the headlamp conversion down the road.

I'm going to send my headlight to Poland sometime here soon. Quality of work seems high compared to other headlight retrofitters I have seen.

De
I messaged the guy in Poland, never responded...
He has responded to me twice. Took several days. You might have better luck if you try again. He says he has a lot headlights currently. 550 euro is his current pricing for the work. Says he can black out the teardrop portion of the headlight as well. I'm leaning towards going with semi circle one all black.

Last edited:
PXL_20230509_045139824.jpgMy thoughts too. I offered to pay the difference if he sourced/converted/shipped a Polish light. He said there were none to be found.
Told me he's done 4 US lights but didn't say what models. Sure be nice if one of his VMax customers was an active forum member.

Back