headlight dimensions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlin89

Reaction score
I'm thinking quite seriously about going to a led headlight setup, but can't find the overall diameter of the lense. The setup I'm thinking of basically replaces the lense (and bulb obviously ) in the oe housing. Either that or going to a dual headlight system , but I can't seem to find one that sits a little more inside the triple trees unlike the 4.5 incher from exactrep. Don't get me wrong, thats kinda cool. I'm just looking for something a little more subtle for the headlight and let the smoking tire speak for itself. Lol. Thanks for the help.

I ended up buying an EBay H4 LED bulb and fitting it into my stock headlight assembly. 2800 lumens, no fan on the lightbulb. Took a little time to figure out how to get the wiring to fit, but worked out great. Much better lighting and stronger pattern than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up buying an EBay H4 LED bulb and fitting it into my stock headlight assembly. 2800 lumens, no fan on the lightbulb. Took a little time to figure out how to get the wiring to fit, but worked out great. Much better lighting and stronger pattern than stock.

You have tried these ``LED bulb im stock reflector``
I`m realy suspicious about the result,
Dose it realy light up your way much more than stock ??

My suspicius com frome the fact that LED reflector are far away different then stock bulb, and all other i saw ad a pour result.

Regards

I was looking into this to attempt to put some kind of setup like the Harley "Daymaker" LEDs on my bike. I read online that it was 5.75 inches. I like the look of the stock headlight size, so I'll be figuring out how to make it fit, unless someone beats me to it.

Haven't gotten to far with my research yet though.

I had to adjust the aim of the headlight quite a bit as the one that I got has two leds in the 12 o'clock position only.

I do get a better and brighter pattern. The high beam (both LEDs on) is very bright and visible during the day.

The total power consumption is also less than a stock bulb, so I get an electrical system boost as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the same thing I've been toying with for the last little bit, just swaping the headlight housing and all for a universal fit led light specifically set up for a motorcycle. Im gonna try it with a little 15 dollar ebay special first, then I like it I'll look into doing something a little better quality.

Latest posts

Back