Heal/Toe Shifter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
I was thinking that this might be a potentially good idea, having a heal/toe shifter.

I was thinking that for upshifts, it would be much more positive with the upshifts, I have seen reverse pattern shifters before, and I do not like the idea of that on a bike on the street. I have also seen millions of quick shifter kits for bikes for sale, but that takes away the fun of doin the work yourself when riding.

Has anyone here seen a heal/toe shifter for a 1st gen bike?

Thy're not designed for "spirited" riding IMO as they require you to lift your foot up to use as intended. You normally only see them on bikes with running boards, because they are very long........but I have seen versions used with foot pegs.

Thy're not designed for "spirited" riding IMO as they require you to lift your foot up to use as intended. You normally only see them on bikes with running boards, because they are very long........but I have seen versions used with foot pegs.

Well, those would be the ones on the market designed for certain bikes... you know... those relaxed cruisers that you feel like you're riding a Caddilac. Gell, I can design a piece I guess. Cannot be all that difficult to engineer.

Back